ONTRAC delivery

!Retired!

All I can say is....wow. I wish I had time to take a picture. Beat up van, no logo, no uniforms, 2 unshaven/smoking 20 something. They just rang and ran. I don't have a problem with ring and drop, but if he did stay at the door, I don't think I would have opened my door. Though my dogs make everyone that rings my bell think twice about entering.

Funny thing is....one of my neighbors works for ONTRAC. Never did speak to him about his job. But, he has an clean ONTRAC van in front of his house every night.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
All I can say is....wow. I wish I had time to take a picture. Beat up van, no logo, no uniforms, 2 unshaven/smoking 20 something. They just rang and ran. I don't have a problem with ring and drop, but if he did stay at the door, I don't think I would have opened my door. Though my dogs make everyone that rings my bell think twice about entering.

Funny thing is....one of my neighbors works for ONTRAC. Never did speak to him about his job. But, he has an clean ONTRAC van in front of his house every night.

ONTRAC vs. FedEx Ground. Besides the different logos, they are kindred souls.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Rumor has it that Fred's gonna buy ONTRAC and get another exemption to classify all help as farmers to pay them sub-minimum wage.

STFXG

Still have one truck in the building you can see the old RPS stickers under.

Sent using BrownCafe App

overflowed

That's not true at all. With everything that can be legitimately criticized about Ground, why do you make things up?
Maybe things are different where you are BB but I can remember quite a few contractors drivers not wearing uniforms all the way up to around 2008. I still remember as they would be at the same stop and the customers are like "and who are you" to the HD\ground guys. I will give you this, of the three guys I'm thinking of one did have a uniform shirt on at least. Maybe waiting on the uniforms?

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe things are different where you are BB but I can remember quite a few contractors drivers not wearing uniforms all the way up to around 2008. I still remember as they would be at the same stop and the customers are like "and who are you" to the HD\ground guys. I will give you this, of the three guys I'm thinking of one did have a uniform shirt on at least. Maybe waiting on the uniforms?
In 1999 there were very few multi route owners. It was still "one truck, one driver". That truck had to be approved by Fedex and would not have been without decals. Now around peak season a contractor could get just about anyone and anything approved but that would only be for a limited duration and the vehicle would have magnets on the doors. Occasionally those would fall off, but as they say, it's an imperfect world.

Cactus

I seen a Ground driver yesterday in a company vehicle wearing a real neat uniform consisting of street clothes.

STFXG

I seen a Ground driver yesterday in a company vehicle wearing a real neat uniform consisting of street clothes.
Yesterday was saturday. Probably working on his truck. Should he wear a uniform for that?

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
Could have been me. My pickup truck is also a Ground truck complete with decals. Drive my kids all over in it too. You aren't going to report me are you?! Oh...wait. They already know.

Cactus

Yesterday was saturday. Probably working on his truck. Should he wear a uniform for that?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Once again, you're ASSuming.

Typical.

clueless5.jpg

Last edited:

Cactus

Could have been me. My pickup truck is also a Ground truck complete with decals. Drive my kids all over in it too. You aren't going to report me are you?! Oh...wait. They already know.
And that makes you look cool or something?

Ugh! As if!.jpg

OK, moving right along...............

Last edited:

CJinx

Ha! I knew they had a decal set for a pickup truck; didn't realize anyone actually used them.