OnTrac Vendor

It will be fine

fed ex hired sub contracted drivers to deliver extra volume. what's the difference between their subcontracted drivers or an independant owners subcontracted driver. if anything the people hired directly by FedEx this peak to deliver packages are less scabby then the drivers who work for an ic. also I said all FedEx ground drivers are scabs because to even be a scab would imply that there is a union involved.
Cool story. Stay over on the Brown side, your nonsense adds nothing to the conversation here.

bacha29

It would appear that Mr. Sandwich does not fully understand that the word " scab" is the term commonly used to describe people who cross the pickett line during a strike. In the case that's being referrenced here there was no picket line in existance. If Mr. Sandwich does not like the labor practices of X then he needs to discribe in detail just exactly what measures he personally intends to take in order to combat this problem . If all that he is willing to do is to call people names and gripe about it, well anybody can do that. So Mr. Sandwich we are waiting for you to impress us because up to this point you have been badly underperfoming.

bbsam

Staff member
It would appear that Mr. Sandwich does not fully understand that the word " scab" is the term commonly used to describe people who cross the pickett line during a strike. In the case that's being referrenced here there was no picket line in existance. If Mr. Sandwich does not like the labor practices of X then he needs to discribe in detail just exactly what measures he personally intends to take in order to combat this problem . If all that he is willing to do is to call people names and gripe about it, well anybody can do that. So Mr. Sandwich we are waiting for you to impress us because up to this point you have been badly underperfoming.
Holy cow! You sound like...me!

FedGT

also I said all FedEx ground drivers are scabs because to even be a scab would imply that there is a union involved.

................did anyone but him understand this???

Hard to have an intellectual conversation with someone when they prove themselves wrong in their own statement.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
haha yeah that was a terribly written comment, i had just crawled out of bed and was on the throne doing some light reading before work. let me try and explain a little better. I wasn't the one who originally used the term scab when referring to the people that FedEx hired to run stops for 10 bucks a stop. so with that being said how can these people fedex brought in for peak be called scabs when they didn't cross any picket line to begin with. yet they keep getting refered to as scabs....

also I know what a scab is, I've been an active union member for over a decade. I'm just terrible at articulating my thoughts at times. but who cares I'm taking this thread way off topic

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I don't care what FedEx or anyone does about it. also I wasn't calling anyone names. I was trying to say, none of these people are scabs. yet they keep getting called scabs. that was really my only complaint. I'm not very good at this. I suck
267, are u also on the west coast? I heard of FX Ground hiring scabs being mentioned in another thread... i recall saying ill be a scab too, dropping my current contractor if they offered me $10 per stop

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
fed ex hired sub contracted drivers to deliver extra volume. what's the difference between their subcontracted drivers or an independant owners subcontracted driver. if anything the people hired directly by FedEx this peak to deliver packages are less scabby then the drivers who work for an ic. also I said all FedEx ground drivers are scabs because to even be a scab would imply that there is a union involved.

The bold in your qoute made it confusing... there's a big difference between the temp - hired driver & a trained DOT card - holding pre - screened driver for an isp csp or whatever the ground middleman wants to be called

I'm running my route myself without any interference from my absentee boss, thats the beauty of HD... dunno about ground ops though

OTtoFX

I have talked to some sub-contractors that wanted to come over and work for me. From what they told me there are contracts to buy but every year someone can outbid you for the route. They are running like ground did back in the day which will change at some point. 1099 all of their drivers "subcontractors" make them use their own fuel, van, uniforms, etc.
All of these guys that talked to me are making close to what I start people at before expenses little better deal over here since my guys don't pay for their truck, uniforms, scanners, fuel, taxes, etc.
Sounded like a hard way to make much money being that you have to bid in cheap enough to get the route, pay that little of a wage, and outsource all expenses to turn a profit being the middle man.
I am currently a contractor with OnTrac (we are called Regional Service Providers). You have to put a bid in on routes. Given that you are the best fit and not bidding too high, OnTrac will award you the routes. This contract lasts for a year. If you do a good job, OnTrac will not take the routes from you. Definitely do expect to be given notice, if you are not performing.

OTtoFX

OnTrac contractors don't chime in because most of them probably barely know how to use an internet browser, just fyi. Nothing against these people, but that's who you're dealing with.
I had a lasership driver tell me about a year ago that they lost a lot of there Amazon volume to the usps.

OTtoFX

Has anyone had the opportunity to work as a vendor/contractor for OnTrac? I was a Ground contractor until about 4 years ago. I wanted to expand from my one truck, but routes started selling for over 150k each in my market, so that became impossible for me at the time.

From what I've heard, OnTrac offers opportunities to vendors, which differs from the Ground model. Essentially you don't "own" your territory. Basically it's given to you for free and you're a vendor in the same way other large companies hire vendors to supply goods/services. As a result, you can't buy or sell your routes. And yes, I'm aware they could get rid of a vendor at any time, just like any supplier can.

Any insight or experiences with OnTrac would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

What exactly are you looking to find out? I currently contract with them and will offer help, if I can.