OOPS, WINDMILLS FREEZE, NO POWER, MAJOR ENERGY PRODUCTION FAIL!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It’s kind of like a winter tradition to let the roads get bad so we get the day off from work to go drive around on them doing stuff.
Poor liberal schmucks in the northeast huffing cardboard all winter long in conditions far worse than what I get the day off for.
Or 3.

vantexan

Y

Yet the wind turbines in Wisconsin, Iowa and Nebraska where it it much colder are still in operation. Texas is just a *hole state that builds on the cheap. Got what they deserved. Maybe they can burn their gunstocks to stay warm.
Name another state that gets 25% of its electricity from wind power? I've been to those wind farms. Exactly the same as anywhere else.

It will be fine

And how much of their electricity is generated by wind in similar conditions to Texas? What Texas is demonstrating is the flaw of too much reliance on green energy in extreme conditions when electricity is needed most.
The coal and gas power plants shut down too. What are you talking about?

vantexan

The coal and gas power plants shut down too. What are you talking about?
Listened to an expert talk about that tonight. Taking that 25% offline with frozen wind turbines overloaded the remaing power plants and caused them to shut down.. If the system was 100% fossil fuel in the winter with wind brought online in milder weather there wouldn't be an issue. But Texas normally doesn't have severe winter weather on this scale so they were caught by surprise. I've been living this since Sunday night. I have a membership with Planet Fitness which has been closed as have most businesses since Sunday evening. Means I haven't had a shower since Sunday afternoon. Very few restaurants open and most of those have limited hours. Wal-Mart closing at 6 p.m., opening 9 a.m. with a lot of empty shelves. The point is you better make damn sure things will work when you need them to and this desire to completely get rid of fossil fuels will bite us all and could cost a lot of lives.

Macbrother

Oops.

tedcruz.jpg

Macbrother

Except California was having power failures in times when they should have had plenty of energy.
Just because California's energy system is its own trainwreck doesn't remove any of the blame from Texas' leadership here. Funny windmills still seem to work fine in Antarctica, Canada, or, I don't know, your neighbor next door, Oklahoma. You might even would be able to borrow power from them - but oh wait, you didn't want to be a part of the grid.

Anyway the point of my tweet was more along the lines of.. it's funny when someone points the finger at suffering Americans to make a cheap political point, and then it's his own state that is unable to provide basic functions due to a predictable problem. 2.6 million without power for 36 hours, with no end in sight? 21 dead? People filling up shelters? For shame!

And truthfully, we may be on different political sides here but I'm sorry to hear about ya'lls current plight. Hopefully ERCOT who whoever can get their act together and get you guys lights on.

vantexan

Just because California's energy system is its own trainwreck doesn't remove any of the blame from Texas' leadership here. Funny windmills still seem to work fine in Antarctica, Canada, or, I don't know, your neighbor next door, Oklahoma. You might even would be able to borrow power from them - but oh wait, you didn't want to be a part of the grid.

Anyway the point of my tweet was more along the lines of.. it's funny when someone points the finger at suffering Americans to make a cheap political point, and then it's his own state that is unable to provide basic functions due to a predictable problem. 2.6 million without power for 36 hours, with no end in sight? 21 dead? People filling up shelters? For shame!

And truthfully, we may be on different political sides here but I'm sorry to hear about ya'lls current plight. Hopefully ERCOT who whoever can get their act together and get you guys lights on.
You brought up California. I have confidence that this shortsighted hiccup will be rectified in Texas. Not so much in California.

El Correcto

god is dead

Why does this have to be political? This isn’t who we are as a people. Joe Biden has divided this nation like never before. Not all Joe Biden supporters are racist but all racists support Joe Biden.

MAKAVELI

Listened to an expert talk about that tonight. Taking that 25% offline with frozen wind turbines overloaded the remaing power plants and caused them to shut down.. If the system was 100% fossil fuel in the winter with wind brought online in milder weather there wouldn't be an issue. But Texas normally doesn't have severe winter weather on this scale so they were caught by surprise. I've been living this since Sunday night. I have a membership with Planet Fitness which has been closed as have most businesses since Sunday evening. Means I haven't had a shower since Sunday afternoon. Very few restaurants open and most of those have limited hours. Wal-Mart closing at 6 p.m., opening 9 a.m. with a lot of empty shelves. The point is you better make damn sure things will work when you need them to and this desire to completely get rid of fossil fuels will bite us all and could cost a lot of lives.
The majority of Texas's power problems come from oil, gas and an independent grid system. Ttku....