OOPS, WINDMILLS FREEZE, NO POWER, MAJOR ENERGY PRODUCTION FAIL!

PT Car Washer

And how much of their electricity is generated by wind in similar conditions to Texas? What Texas is demonstrating is the flaw of too much reliance on green energy in extreme conditions when electricity is needed most.
We normally are below zero for part of the Winter and have never had electric blackouts. Including the last couple weeks. Good news is the cold reinforces your immune system to help fight off all of your Covid 19 infections.

vantexan

We normally are below zero for part of the Winter and have never had electric blackouts. Including the last couple weeks. Good news is the cold reinforces your immune system to help fight off all of your Covid 19 infections.
Which state and does your state have 25% of its power source from wind? If so they revert to other means when those blades ice up. Texas didn't because they don't normally get a state wide arctic blast and we're paying for it now.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

The windmills going offline caused the rest to overload. Try to be informed.
Of the power shortfall that hit Texas, over 80% was due to problems at coal- and gas-fired plants," PolitiFact reported.
Ttku..

vantexan

Of the power shortfall that hit Texas, over 80% was due to problems at coal- and gas-fired plants," PolitiFact reported.
Ttku..
Of course proponents of green energy are going to defend it. When they've taken oil and gas completely away, and no coal fired plants either, let's see how well wind and solar keep people warm or keep air conditioning running in the summer. While you're at it hope all the mines needed to get the materials needed for lithium batteries, as well as all the disposal of spent batteries doesn't hurt the planet. Hope those countries with large deposits of lithium and rare earth metals treat their miners right. Don't use child labor. Yeah, the Left has it all worked out.

MAKAVELI

Of course proponents of green energy are going to defend it. When they've taken oil and gas completely away, and no coal fired plants either, let's see how well wind and solar keep people warm or keep air conditioning running in the summer. While you're at it hope all the mines needed to get the materials needed for lithium batteries, as well as all the disposal of spent batteries doesn't hurt the planet. Hope those countries with large deposits of lithium and rare earth metals treat their miners right. Don't use child labor. Yeah, the Left has it all worked out.
Bro, Texas has a completely independent grid system. This is all on Texas and their leadership.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I thought Texas was a "tough guy" state. Why all the whining?
I’m from Texas. I ain’t whining about :censored2:.

And this has nothing to do with any type of military type :censored2:, I was just born of a different fabric I’ll make do and be comfortable no matter what… To the point where others are uncomfortable

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Ok bot. Got anything else?
Hurr Durr fossil fuel bad, my white mastas sez so!

1613587783191.jpg

vantexan

Bro, Texas has a completely independent grid system. This is all on Texas and their leadership.
Everything I posted still applies. As for Texas, it was pointed out that Oklahoma and Iowa have 25% or more of their power from wind too. Texas is more than twice the size of those two states combined, and has 4 times the population of those two states combined. And was hit with Arctic temperatures in an area greater than the whole state of California. Was 8° here Tuesday morning near Houston. Many areas colder. Can only imagine if California was entirely blanketed in snow and ice what the screaming would be like.

floridays

Better news for you, a new study shows the China virus doesn't attack dumbasses, you're safe.

sense of humor test, this is only a test.

rickyb

It will be fine

Ttku..
Facts have never changed @vantexan’s mind. He wants to believe it was the fault of wind turbines so that’s what he’ll choose to believe. Reality has no bearing on that choice.

Macbrother

According to ERCOT as reported by the Texas Tribune, Texas has lost 16 Gigawatts of power from Renewable, 30 from gas and coal, primarily due to freezing pipes. That Abbott, Sean Hannity, and Tucker rush to blame this on "green energy," is just another sad attempt to abrogate responsibility and blame "the other guy."

If you think this is about climate change, or frozen windmills, you're the sucker - the mark at the poker table. This is about the arrogance and complacency of Texas state leadership, nothing more.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Grand Forks is in North Dakota, East Grand Forks is located in Minnesota, the red river separates the city. I remember one flood incident when I was stationed there a lot of people lost their homes..It is amazing how they handle it..tough people all.

Thanks for the clip..brought back memories..

Another thing about North Dakota us that if it ever seceded from the Union it would become the third highest nuclear armed country in the world. Underground and SAC Nukes all over their land mass..