Open Season on Career Employees

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Despite SFA results that are undoubtedly abysmal, MEM is doubling-down on the attempt to jettison full-timers and replace them with an essentially all PT workforce. Please take a look at this week's "Career Opportunities" if you don't believe me. If anything, this should prove to you Kool-Aid consumers out there that your opinions (via the SFA) mean absolutely nothing.

It really is as if the asylum doors have been unlocked and the former inmates are now free to do whatever they please. If anyone still thinks this company is being competently-managed, they need to be wrapped-up in a straitjacket and whisked away...quickly.

Yes, I realize that Ground is the focus, and that everything that can go Ground will go Ground and blah, blah, effing blah, and that this is "The Plan". But we really do have some freaking morons at the helm. They will screw-up the ground deal too. All they need is time.

Even if you are very senior and full-time, it really doesn't mean anything. They especially want you gone.

Despite SFA results that are undoubtedly abysmal, MEM is doubling-down on the attempt to jettison full-timers and replace them with an essentially all PT workforce. Please take a look at this week's "Career Opportunities" if you don't believe me. If anything, this should prove to you Kool-Aid consumers out there that your opinions (via the SFA) mean absolutely nothing.

It really is as if the asylum doors have been unlocked and the former inmates are now free to do whatever they please. If anyone still thinks this company is being competently-managed, they need to be wrapped-up in a straitjacket and whisked away...quickly.

Yes, I realize that Ground is the focus, and that everything that can go Ground will go Ground and blah, blah, effing blah, and that this is "The Plan". But we really do have some freaking morons at the helm. They will screw-up the ground deal too. All they need is time.

Even if you are very senior and full-time, it really doesn't mean anything. They especially want you gone.

Express is not growing as fast as Ground nor will it. Express is still 60% of the total revenue for FDX corp. They fail to mention that on Frontline or that Freight only has a 0.3% margin (Express has 6 times that).

They will continue to squeeze the couriers because we are a dime a dozen. There is always willing to do a comparable job for much less pay.

All you just need to stop crying over Ground and except it and go on. We are all in this mess together.

By the way Freight employees get to top pay in three years. I wonder why? No RLA!

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

But the old timey Kool-Aid drinkers most likely still won't get it. I think that some of them either have their blinders super glued on, or they're just that oblivious....which is scary.

bbsam

Staff member
The problem is that it doesn't matter who or how many "see it" if nobody does anything. R1a has it exactly right. Everybody waits for things to get rolling...but it never does.

vantexan

Reminds me of the Mexican story about crabs. Man had 3 buckets of crabs. In the first bucket were American crabs. They struggled mightily to get to the top of the bucket and when one made it he jumped, forgetting the others. The second bucket was full of Japanese crabs. They assisted one another to get to the top and when one made it he pulled up the others until they all escaped. The last bucket of crabs were Mexican. Every time one tried to escape, the rest pulled him back down into the bucket.

DontThrowPackages

Only FT jobs I've seen are those of Floater. It's impossible to expect a PT to wait by the phone for, if and when, an AM sick call or a mid afternoon injury happens so the company must have FT floaters. But don't ever expect to see another person w/o experience to come from the street and be hired on as a FT. Those days are done. Expect your station to hire even more PT's even when the volume doesn't seem to warrant it . Expect them to fill up your vacation bidding months. Remember when April was a wide open month? Those days will be gone. In fact, I predict not one date will be open on the calendar come 2015. Sorry that date is full, how bout a Wednesday in October? And what happens when the Monday you wanted off rolls around and managers are asking people, "Who wants to home?". Hey manager, you said I couldnt have his day off during bidding and now your asking if I want to go home? Without Pay? No thanks, Ill stay or pay me my minimum.

FedUpRTD

It is open season on the career guys at Express. I just learned this week that a long time ramp agent (29 years) at my ramp was fired for a 2 lbs (that's right.. 2 pounds) discrepancy on a container that was loaded on an airplane. The senior manager who fired him is NOTORIOUS for her micro managing ways and her attempts to fire anyone who stands in her way. I almost vomit when I hear about the FedEx Teamwork that Fred and others laud in their videos and newsletters. FedEx has morphed into nothing more than a giant PR scam which delivers packages on the side.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It is open season on the career guys at Express. I just learned this week that a long time ramp agent (29 years) at my ramp was fired for a 2 lbs (that's right.. 2 pounds) discrepancy on a container that was loaded on an airplane. The senior manager who fired him is NOTORIOUS for her micro managing ways and her attempts to fire anyone who stands in her way. I almost vomit when I hear about the FedEx Teamwork that Fred and others laud in their videos and newsletters. FedEx has morphed into nothing more than a giant PR scam which delivers packages on the side.

I have spent a fair share of my career at AGFS. How could they possibly fire a ramp agent for a 2# discrepancy? I'm not doubting you, but this seems ludicrous. The scale is probably off more than that, and how many times have you seen a can loaded where the person weighing it forgot to subtract the tare weight of the dolly or baggage cart? This company is beyond belief.