Opinions on automotive supervisor position

mook8809

I've been a pc mechanic for a year now have not made it through my 4 yr progression but I have been offered a auto supervisor position... I have been told by other supervisors not to venture off down that dark alley but I wanted some more opinions from other upsers/ or supervisors that may be in these positions... Thanks

mook8809

Well I did work for one of them a few months back... And yes it was actually to replace him so I was a little Leary on if he was telling the truth... But then I talked to a ex auto supervisor and he kind of told me the same thing about it... But now my current supervisor won't take no for an answer saying its a good opportunity and to take it because I'm so young.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've been a pc mechanic for a year now have not made it through my 4 yr progression but I have been offered a auto supervisor position... I have been told by other supervisors not to venture off down that dark alley but I wanted some more opinions from other upsers/ or supervisors that may be in these positions... Thanks
Going into management is almost always a bad move.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
images-1.jpeg

The dark side beckons. Answer not.

S

selfcancelsignal

What the hell's an automotive supervisor? Do they actually fix stuff since the mechanics don't. LMAO.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

I would take it. Bigger paycheck, less wrenching time, looks good on resume if you don't stay. Oh yeah, one more thing bigger headaches but might be worth it for a few years.