Organizing Part Time Supervisors, Has this been tried before?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Has there ever been an attempt to organize the part-time supervisors?

I know of several situations where the first level supervisors in some blue collar union shops are actually union employees and they are called foreman.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have always said that UPS would be a better, saner place if on-car and center-level management belonged to their own white-collar union.

A labor agreement would give them a level of job security that would allow them to run the business the right way instead of being forced to chase numbers in order to placate their superiors and keep their jobs.

Fearful people make stupid decisions. Fearful people project their insecurity and anger downward onto those that they manage.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I have always said that UPS would be a better, saner place if on-car and center-level management belonged to their own white-collar union.

A labor agreement would give them a level of job security that would allow them to run the business the right way instead of being forced to chase numbers in order to placate their superiors and keep their jobs.

Fearful people make stupid decisions. Fearful people project their insecurity and anger downward onto those that they manage.

Imagine all the people. JL

Now that one is a bit silly! :funny:
Might work if UPS was a government owned company with no competition.