ORION

kmart

Orion can work, if the Orion team adjusts your EDD before you leave. Be careful when they are setting you Orion up, I had a guy named Carin (Russian) and he wouldn't put in when business opened or closed. He said it messes with Orion. Now it has me going to a strip mall for my first stop at 9am and nothing opens till 11am. Schools are another thing to make sure they put commit times in for. My rides were during summer break so they never put commit times for them. Now that routes are being broken up I'm noticing it wasn't just my route they cheated. The Orion team is expected to save miles so they will cheat just like every other member of management to make there numbers look good. Orion also doesn't know if a Main Street has a median that prevents you from going straight across the street, it wants me to cross 7 lanes of traffic and jump across a concrete barrier 2' high to get to my next stop, or drive past 20 stops to make a U turn and then get to the next stop. But I will say this when Carin adjusted my EDD before I left it was the best system I'd ever seen.

Big J

Orion constantly puts you on the opposite side of the street so you have to get out and walk behind the truck, no curbside deliveries, left turns all day, and going around blocks to get turned around. Waste of time trying to find stops all over the truck with digging out on 8000 shelf right away in the morning with a jammed packed truck. Just a disaster! The only good thing is that it gets my 9.5s in right away on Mon & Tues. huge waste of time, money, and miles! What a joke!!

Holydriver

What are your thoughts on Orion?
i like when it routes me passed certain stops early in the day and then sends me back to them a few hours later. or how it will send me thru a neighborhood and force me to run with majority of my deliveries being made out of the wrong side of the truck when there is clearly an easier way that helps the driver not walk across the road unnecessarily. drivers in our center routinely beat ORION miles by 10+ miles. certain routes are up to 45 miles!