ORION

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Well, I'm sure some egghead has already thought of it, but implementing the code on the diads they have now would probably be a challenge.

They need new diad boards, my smartphone has more capabilities.

They could implement so much more in the diad boards, like GPS maps and what not. Give the drivers the actual tools they need all in one device. I think battery life would pose a problem, but what if trucks had chargers for their diads? What if that slot you stuck your board into in the truck actually charged the battery from the trucks power.

Am I just crazy? They claim to be about "logistics" but we're falling behind.
They could also just dispatch correctly and train drivers properly. We were doing a pretty good job of getting the packages delivered long before GPS, cell phones or DIADS even existed.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We started Orion 2 weeks ago. I was on vacation the 1st week. So you know that is when they put it on my area. Came back last week. They turned it off. Have said nothing about turning it back on. Even a couple other drivers have asked why mine was turned off. So I will have to wait for the mentally challenged to decide my fate. When they do. I will make even more money

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
That would be low on the list of what he would be "overwhelmed" about.

I believe even Casey would be just like the rest. How can I make even more money. Overwhelmed only about how much cash he can make. Even I'm looking forward to Aug 1st. It's about how much you are willing to give them. One pace all day. No matter what happens

Rainman

Its all good.
I believe even Casey would be just like the rest. How can I make even more money. Overwhelmed only about how much cash he can make. Even I'm looking forward to Aug 1st. It's about how much you are willing to give them. One pace all day. No matter what happens
Casey didn't mind paying out the coin for the work. He expected a lot, and paid for it. He would probably be disgusted by the crap corporate is pulling, trying to screw hourly and management alike in order to squeeze a little more profit. He was hard, but I believe he was fair, at least a lot more so than current corporate leaders we have.

calcio56

Not sure if it has been talked about...but...the percentage.

It's not how many times you deliver from the top of your screen.

If you break trace but continue to deliver in order ( so skip stop one to deliver stop 12, then do 13 14 15...it's as if you missed one stop). It also doesn't take into account bldg numbers. So as long as you don't deliver a different street, it won't count against you.

Of course that's only something to think about if you're trying to do some complicated math problem to figure out your percentage of compliance.

As a cover driver I don't care as long as I get the route done safely. Management doesn't give me a hard time unless it's my training route.

wayfair

swollen member
Base Orion on how I do the route every day for the past 5+years.... everyone's happy

ONcar told me when I took the route so long ago...

I have them their heads up a long time ago. We've had Orion for a couple of years now. When I got my new route a couple of months ago, I told them what stupid stuff it wanted me to do. I also told them I was doing what Orion told me to do. At that point it was in their ballpark, for them to tell me whether or not to continue following it. They didn't give me any new instructions, so I'm following Orion as much as I can while making committed air and commercial deliveries before closing time.
This ain't my first rodeo, and I made a decision years ago not to sweat and fret the details about decisions that I have no control over. The longer I work here, the less I concern myself with that crap. They don't want me to think, just follow orders. So that's what I do. I make the deliveries, don't piss off my customers, I'm not a problem child, I do my job, and they leave me alone.
Definitely go at the pace you feel comfortable at mentally and physically. Freak their make believe numbers, if they don't like it they can kiss my BALLZ lol. That game has been over for years with me, don't care at all, nobody is making me go any faster than I want or feel comfortable at. Jobs a marathon not a 40 yard dash, only way youll make it to the finish line.
"It's not how fast you can go...the force goes into the flow. If you pick up the beat...you can forget about the heat"-Marathon