ORION

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Toon, I want you to check something for me. Look at your Orion arrival time for your first stop. Is it accurate, or is it off by 20 minutes like a lot of the arrival times I'm hearing about.
It is usually off because I can never get right out of the building. I have to wait for other cars to leave, Oeion doesnt know that. I will check it Monday tho. We start at 910, I usually leave bldg, 923, and hit my first stop 940.

P700slave

We have been on Orion for almost a year now. In short, it's awful. I finally quit struggling with it before thanksgiving. I run it how I was trained, which is the most efficient way anyhow.

P700slave

Wrong. My supervisors have common sense. They know there are routes out of whack. They place enough trust in me that I know what I'm doing. I've been here long enough to know what can and can't be done.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Keep an eye out for a warning letter. Integrity aside, you're playing with fire.
I have already informed my management team that I can either (a) follow ORION or (b) get all the packages delivered. End of menu, no substitutions, pick one. If they want to give me a warning letter for doing my job in a manner that best represents the interests of the company per Article 37 of the National Master, they are certainly free to do so. It would be a simple matter for me to make them look like absolute idiots in a panel hearing, and they know it, which is why I don't get harassed for ORION compliance.

Last edited:

box_beeyotch

Wrong. My supervisors have common sense. They know there are routes out of whack. They place enough trust in me that I know what I'm doing. I've been here long enough to know what can and can't be done.

Until the day your center manager is getting chewed out by the DM for Orion metrics. It happened in my center and for a week they were all Orion this, Orion that, go to your first stop and be compliant 85 percent, yada yada yada....now for the last few weeks we haven't heard a word about it. It's all about the flavor of the month, week, day...

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

Of course they do... Till their feet are held to the flame on the conference call.

I too, once felt like you. I work in the ORION pilot center in my state. I felt like I would get a pass (because, I'm pretty danged awesome) but I didn't.

When your manager tells you, it's your job to work as instructed and anything less will be considered insubordination, you might change your attitude.

Boulevard859710

They know they blew a billion dollars on a turd.

They also know that, we know, they bought a billion dollar turd.

What to do now? Hmm...

Spend a few million to promote the turd. Tell the world, "Look at us, y'all, we're (pretending) to save miles!!11!!" "We're (pretending) to reduce fossil fuel consumption and our carbon footprint!!"

Even a dumb truck driver like myself could tell you, a shiny turd is still a turd.
And you sure as hell can't polish it.

Boulevard859710

The way I see it people that of been on a route for a while are the best person in the world at running it. No piece of :censored2: billion-dollar computer can do a better job.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
The way I see it people that of been on a route for a while are the best person in the world at running it. No piece of :censored2: billion-dollar computer can do a better job.

They're not looking for a better job. They're looking for adequacy.

A billion dollars. A decade of R&D.

They bought an expensive tool, much like you and I. Only this tool doesn't complain. It doesn't ask for yearly raises. It doesn't command respect via its's collective bargaining agreement. It has no need for H&W benefits.

Think about it like this...

You stroll into Lowe's or Home Depot on any given Saturday. Walk out with a "state of the art" hedge trimmer. You get home, start trimming your hedges and realize it's a P.O.S.

You can't return it, so, what are you gonna do?