ORION

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I run misloads almost every day.
so do I when I have them, not often, I have a good regular loader, I send it in its up to someone else. We were also told there would be no air meets, because no one will be overdispatched, we will just be able to run 3 stops per hour more because we are cutting miles. Nothing figured in for the bulk of time sitting waiting to make a left hander. Its pretty much a wash or worse.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Management is already doing shady things to meet the Orion numbers. When taking stops from another driver, a sup comes out and gives you another Diad to use for those stops.
I would be verifying the name on that DIAD and whether or not any additional stops were put on it before using it. Sounds like they are using a Customer Counter DIAD to record misloads or transferred stops in order to hide them from ORION.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Return to building, punch out. Grab another board, punch in, return to vehicle, deliver misload, punch out, and go home.
If you did that here, the result would be nuclear Armageddon and the end of life on Earth as we know it. Why? Because using an additional DIAD for one stop creates an additional "route" which prevents the Stops Per Car quota for that day from being met and causes the center to look bad on a report. And by Golly we cant have any of that!

HardknocksUPSer

If used as a tool, it can help. Used as a bible, the way its set up, not so good.
Probably truth to that, I'm assuming it depends on if your using common sense or not. I just don't see how passing a stop 2-3 times in a day is logical, if running that stop you'd pass 2-3 before delivering is what you mean by your quote, I imagine it can help if you use Orion and common sense.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Probably truth to that, I'm assuming it depends on if your using common sense or not. I just don't see how passing a stop 2-3 times in a day is logical, if running that stop you'd pass 2-3 before delivering is what you mean by your quote, I imagine it can help if you use Orion and common sense.
The problem with catching those stops, is you have been following Orion, and it had you doing other stops, which sometimes is ok but usually ridiculous. And you have to know how much commercial you have ahead of you, and pick ups and after a while, well I speak for myself, I find myself scrolling and thinking and calculating and its just easier to follow it. Not my monkey, or my circus.
Yes the combo of the 2 would be great, as it shows whats close, which I just used to scroll and see what I could catch off the main drag. But you have to switch it back to rdo, then everything is a break, and then if you are over on miles, they wanna bust ya. So I just follow it when I can and bust the miles even when I am 98% Then it will still be my fault, so I basically give up.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I guess what I was trying to say and could have in less words. Is you will be over on miles either way, at least the way I am set up. I have to save the commercial from being missed, so I am already behind the solution. So if you are going to be over on miles, might as well let Orion do it, rather than you do it trying to save Orion. Because that will get you in trouble, following orion, what can they say?

HardknocksUPSer

Shake his hand now and say good-bye.

Once he gets caught, he'll be out the door.
He's been told that, by a good friend of mine who also drives, they both will help me out in any way they can, but it wouldn't be worth him losing his job no matter what, what he does with it is his business, he says he does it out of sight so that's on him, I just know it keeps my name off the list.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
He's been told that, by a good friend of mine who also drives, they both will help me out in any way they can, but it wouldn't be worth him losing his job no matter what, what he does with it is his business, he says he does it out of sight so that's on him, I just know it keeps my name off the list.

Just because you're still new, and I'm in a charitable mood today, I'll explain something for you.

If your center uses the PAS/EDD system, every package loaded in the AM is scanned before it makes it to the trucks. Those scans are compared the next morning to the delivery scans. When discrepancies show up, and a missing delivery scan is a discrepancy, a report is generated. Management does not like reports, and they will try to find the cause of the discrepancy that caused the report.

One day, probably when you are on break or off taking a leak, a supervisor will place a known misload on this driver's truck. Another supervisor will be around when he comes in to do an audit on his pickups and send-agains.

Guess what will be found.

Last edited by a moderator:

HardknocksUPSer

Just because you're still new, and I'm in a charitable mood today, I'll explain something for you.

If your center uses the PAS/EDD system, every package loaded in the AM is scanned before it makes it to the trucks. Those scans are compared the next morning to the delivery scans. When discrepancies show up, and a missing delivery scan is a discrepancy, a report is generated. Management does not like reports, and they will try to find the cause of the discrepancy that caused the report.

One day, probably when you are on break or off taking a leak, a supervisor will place a known mislead on this driver's truck. Another supervisor will be around when he comes in to do an audit on his pickups and send-agains.

I agree with you 100% I don't argue the fact, is it my business or problem? Not really. Most of the drivers I know that bring back misloads say they were left in the building and didn't get loaded to begin with.

HardknocksUPSer

If what you say about drivers just bring stuff back, you may have your chance to drive very soon.
This isn't a everyday kind of deal, only twice since I've been loading for the driver, other than that he hasn't done it often, it's typically on Fridays that he has done it, I'd love to drive and plan to but I'm still 4 spots down the list. On a "normal" day, my drivers will run misloads if they don't have to break trace, if they can't get a package delivered, it's on me. I try to keep them to a minimum anyway. 2 a week.

One day, probably when you are on break or off taking a leak, a supervisor will place a known mislead on this driver's truck. Another supervisor will be around when he comes in to do an audit on his pickups and send-agains.

I honestly think that they are planting misloads on some cars. Mainly the drivers they have the most "issues" with.