Other Airlines Must Love This

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
None whatsoever. They are mentally ill, didn't ask to be so, and can't help themselves.

The problem lies in that politicians have seized upon the delusions of the mentally ill, and are attempting to challenge and rewrite fundamental scientific facts.

They are also attempting to redefine the definitions of words, and demanding that the rest of society participate in this delusion.

Some of us are old enough to remember reading in school being warned of the coming Ice Age. Then that somehow turned into Global Warming, and then to Climate Change. I am genuinely interested in what the next made-up crisis will be called.

On a planet of constant change and evolution we cannot control the climate. Men cannot be women. The Emperor Has No Clothes.

I am more than happy for others to eat a cricket burger in order to change the weather. They can also cheer on male athletes while they smash women's records.

I would plead to them to leave me out of it. But they won't. Because they're bullies.

I would ask of you: how does someone having a different opinion than you affect your life in any way whatsoever?
I don’t care what Trump supporters think of me.
Perfect.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Yeah, it’s undeniable. The Pacific Northwest averages upper 70s in the summer months but in 2021 had multiple days in a row where the high was 115+. That’s forty degrees above average. The pavement was breaking apart from the heat. But no, it’s not real. It’s just something made up to take rights from “hard werkin taxpayers.”
Here....the reason it felt hot

There's no mention of this "40 degrees above average" you stated. :rofl:

If there was any region of the world that would swallow this climate change BS, it's exactly where you are, by people like you.

bacha29

Here....the reason it felt hot

There's no mention of this "40 degrees above average" you stated. :rofl:

If there was any region of the world that would swallow this climate change BS, it's exactly where you are, by people like you.

Read it closely and you'll see that the study surrounded a strange one year only weather anomaly involving a single region of the world. Climate change is a global climate event. Even Professor Nakamura admits that determining cause and effect will require more time and more data.

AB831

bacha29

I live in Delaware
This article is nothing new from a standpoint of a meteorological blocking pattern. We've got one currently ongoing in the Mid Atlantic region. Right now there is a huge Canadian high pressure system bringing cool if not outright cold air down across our region creating low nighttime temperatures and low humidity drying out ground moisture. And worst of all....little to no change is expected for at least into early June.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think we should eliminate Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia and rid ourselves of all those White people we have to support.
Why? You guys fought so hard to put those very programs in place so that those very people could milk them for eternity.

59 Dano

Global warming may well be a thing, but it’s not life threatening and we can do nothing to stop it. Get used to it, Greta
BINGO!!!

They tell us that if we don't hit a specific target (usually reducing something by a certain amount) by a specific date, we will suffer a specific consequence. The date passes, we came nowhere near hitting the target (and rarely made any meaningful progress at all), and nothing even remotely resembling the predicted consequence -or any consequence- happened. Then they come up with a new scare, which never happens, and then another and another and another etc. This has been going on for decades.

Either the data they're using is bad or they aren't capable of accurately interpreting it. There's no other way to explain so many decades of failure.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Read it closely and you'll see that the study surrounded a strange one year only weather anomaly involving a single region of the world. Climate change is a global climate event. Even Professor Nakamura admits that determining cause and effect will require more time and more data.
Stay focused. Your compadre cited the "40 degree above average heat wave in the Pacific Northwest". This article talks specifically to that and proves what "sad and pathetic" looks like.

59 Dano

Do you bigots ever get tired of crying about the same things day after day after day? How does someone having a crisis of gender identity affect your life in any way whatsoever? Is your white bread, pampered psyche so fragile that the existence of someone different from you in society is that much of a hardship for you to bear? Seriously, go get a pacifier.
'Why are you conservatives making such a big deal of something we're doing our best to ram down your throat and flood modern mainstream culture with?'

59 Dano

The issue is the compressed time frame, which happens to coincide with the Industrial Revolution and the widespread use of fossil fuels.
Scientists estimate that over 99% of all species that have ever existed are now extinct. There were 5 mass extinction events that occurred before the existence of humans, with the most recent being over 60 million years ago. We're currently in the 5th of Earth's ice ages and are in a warm interglacial period that began 11,000 years ago.

But thanks for that anecdote that ignores everything except the last 200 years that proves that man is screwing up the planet!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Amazing. You just described the Conservative movement perfectly. A flawless self-own.

Big polluters are experts at utilizing the "Merchants of Doubt" playbook. They fully know the Climate Change is real, but want to protect their product or service. Fringe scientists, company-paid shills, and outright cranks (the 3%) are ether hired or utilized as contrasting "evidence" against the 97% of scientists who know and have proven it's real. Many of the 3% aren't even scientists, but as long as their false data supports The Narrative, it's all good.
Clean Coal, Eco-Friendly Aircraft, and Green Power typify sloganeering and pretend campaigns to be environmentally responsible, Trucking companies buy a handful of electric trucks, airlines fly a couple of flights on alternative biofuels, and railroads use a small number of hybrid locomotives etc. This makes it seem like they're tracking toward full-scale implementation of alternative fuels, which is false. It's mostly PR, with some effort directed at possibly finding an economical alternative. And it's always about the money because none of these mini-efforts pencil out profit wise.
The one company that seems to actually be walking its talk is Amazon. I see a lot of the new Rivian electric delivery vans and quite a few CNG city tractors in actual use, not just in ad campaigns.
Railing against the majority opinion(s) seems to be fertile ground for conservatives, who will seize on anything to protect Big Businesses, streamline or end regulations, and generally uphold unfettered economic activity, even if its really bad for the environment. It's what you do.
Profits are great, but not of they kill the planet (and us) in the process. Carry on with the denial and rely on the crank scientists who have a degree in theology or philosophy rather than the Environmental Sciences PhD from Cal/Berkeley who has 40 years of reliable data. He/she cannot possibly be correct because they are probably a liberal and hate America and Exxon.
Remember, protect The Narrative.
IMG_4292.gif

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
When other airlines employ ten thousand or so in Tennessee with thousands of vans and semi's also paying fuel taxes at the pump then they are likely to get breaks too.
It's just a percentage of what they make we all pay that same percentage..

59 Dano

Carry on with the denial and rely on the crank scientists who have a degree in theology or philosophy rather than the Environmental Sciences PhD from Cal/Berkeley who has 40 years of reliable data. He/she cannot possibly be correct because they are probably a liberal and hate America and Exxon.
Remember, protect The Narrative.
Today: Man's activity is causing the global temperature to rise so much that it'll cause more frequent and extreme weather events and the flooding of coastal cities.
The 1970's: Man's activity is causing the global temperature to fall so much that it'll cause more frequent and extreme weather events and the flooding of coastal cities.