Our Pension program is taking a hit at UPS !

Bill

You're not counting only on your Pension for retirement are you?

Here's some more questions, Would you be better off without the IBT. Maybe staying non Union? Are you saying that there's another alternative, I mean, that has a track record or that has represented members to get feedback from? Who is going to put the train back on the right track? Apwa?
Take your head out of your a*s and look at the handwriting on the wall. We most definately would be better without the Teamsters. We don't want to be without a union. That is why we are attempting to replace them with the APWA. You are correct in saying that the APWA has no track record, but neither did the pilots union, IPA before they left the Teamsters and started over. They knew what the Teamsters were doing to them. Look at them now. Big pay raise and more pension money. Can you say that we will get that by staying with the Teamsters? I doubt it. See for yourself. Would you rather have 40 cents or one dollar? The Teamsters are giving you 40 cents and you can have a dollar with the APWA. What don't you understand?

Bill

Re: 804 Pension

804 pension is not a total 30% roll back. You are frozen at your pension level that you accured till now,then any future years are cut @30%. ie you will receive 100 per year for all prior years of credit are . Future years will be @ 66.7 per year. PENSION REFORM LAWS CAUSED THIS, PLANS WERE FRONT LOADED.THE PENSION REFORM ACT MAKES THIS PRACTICE NOW IMPOSSIBLE.Hence the roll back. Company sits on most ,if not all pension boards, so dont blame the teamsters.The rules were changed while the game was being played. That and bankrupt companies and poor investment returns due to very low interest and bond rates for the past 5 years.:w00t:
You are correct in saying future earnings are being cut. However, the younger workers will now have to work more years for the same pension that you receive. A newly hired employee would have to work 45 years for the same pension that an employee with 30 years currently has. Why would they want to and even if they did, could they do this hard labor for 45 years?

Buckethead

We most definately would be better without the Teamsters.

Now you say that with the apwa promising you the world. What about before that? Would you be happily working for UPS if it wasn't for the IBT? (Lets' see if you can get through a post without showing your ignorant side)

Look at them now. Big pay raise and more pension money. Can you say that we will get that by staying with the Teamsters?

You are consumed with greed.

mittam

I can't believe that in a time when the Teamsters are trying to organize UPS Freight they would agree to a 30 percent pension accural for local 804 members in NewYork. Is this what UPS Freight people have to look forward to IF They become Teamsters???

EXACTLY!!! VOTE APWA

local804

I can't believe that in a time when the Teamsters are trying to organize UPS Freight they would agree to a 30 percent pension accural for local 804 members in NewYork. Is this what UPS Freight people have to look forward to IF They become Teamsters???

Please answer just one question for me.......
Who in Gods name from the Teamsters agreed to this?

There is not going to be an answer to this question so consider this thread closed!

local804

And please guys and girls, I could care less if your anti union or anti UPS just before you come posting quotes and things people did, get your facts straight first.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Hey Local 804 what it is not is anti union as apposed to a union that is working properly ! The administrators of our future have gotten so deep with bad planning that its not conceivable to maintain the benifits at its current level so there are corrections that will have to take place .That is their job and they did it bad ! Accountants have looked at the books with what ups has contributed and that would have been adequate for the projected amounts of penison and benefits. But because of the people that represent us and have central states and other funds that are taking care of $ dropped the ball litterly ? So i would like new representation ! I know for a fact i need someone to look out for us instead of them !!!!!!!!!!!

satellitedriver

Is this what UPSF employees have to look forward to if thye remain non-union with UPS incontrol of thier pension.

Accrual rates are rates paid by the employer on your behalf toward your earned pension.

UPS is the villian here not the Teamsters. What gives UPS the right to break an agreement on paid pension accrual rates in the middle of the contract?

Spin it anyway you want, UPS is reducing the pension not the IBT fund which governs your pension.

T251[/QUOTE
You are in for a rude awaking if you think the IBT is not the villian in this plot.Check out what Central States has done with the monies given to them to go to UPSERS. After 25 years of service with UPS and 58 years old. The pension plan controlled by Central(IBT)States will pay me $377.00 a week and if I die my widow only gets half of that. It ain't spin, it is the facts. Go to centralstates.com and learn what you are trying to talk about.

18wheelbrownie

you better go back to the tdu websight and start reading the archives stories that were written by the ny times and bloomberg reports and other articles written about c.s. !!!! don't forget the trustees are 1/2 companies , 1/2 union!
maybe you should just read what jonfrum has been writing on the brown cafe!
seems to me this person is putting out enough information for you to learn from!!!!!