Out more than 45 but keeps route....

DontThrowPackages

I've seen mgrs' buddies get away with milking, etc many times over the years. Same mgrs would come down really hard on the rest of us for minor things. There is a mindset amongst the pro-management crowd that mgrs always act responsibly and fairly. Some do, love to work for them. Many don't.
I've see a manager create a job for a courier only to keep her around the station because he was "*#@&$%*" her....Allegedly. Soon as he transferred to another station, she went back to being a courier again.

vantexan

I've see a manager create a job for a courier only to keep her around the station because he was "*#@&$%*" her....Allegedly. Soon as he transferred to another station, she went back to being a courier again.
Many years ago knew a mgr who often left station early, only to be seen at a part-time domicile's home an hour away. We'd say he was check riding her again. Yep, fired.

dezguy

So you're upset that there is a privileged class that receives perks. You understand what gets them perks, but are unwilling to do so for yourself. It sounds like you're choosing not to obtain the perks. If you want special treatment, earn it like the ones that have. Getting buddy buddy with management is a skill like any other, in this case it's probably more valuable than being a good courier. Recognize the system and use it to your advantage, don't whine about inequality and not take steps to gain yourself a share of the available benefits.
No, I'm upset that FedEx tells us they're a people company yet allow blatant favourtism to run rampant.

And sorry, I have never been a brown noser, nor will I ever. Frankly, it doesn't really effect me since I punch in a minute before my shift and when I punch out, I'm practically running to the door.

What gets me is that the company wants people to go above and beyond but those who go above and beyond are rarely recognized yet if a managers pal does the exact same thing, they some how end up with a bz. Really motivates people to do their best when they see that there is a set of rules for some and another set of rules for others.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What gets me is that the company wants people to go above and beyond but those who go above and beyond are rarely recognized yet if a managers pal does the exact same thing, they some how end up with a bz. Really motivates people to do their best when they see that there is a set of rules for some and another set of rules for others.

Not to pick on you, but you will not be satisfied no matter what type of program is in place, nor how "fairly" it is run. Your view of this isn't rare. Here is a brief explanation of how this starts out and ends up.

BZs or other forms of recognition are given for something.
Half the workgroup takes issue with it, saying it wasn't deserved for whatever reason.
Then they start with, "I did such-and-such and didn't get anything," and start the favoritism talk EVERY time recognition is given.
Manager realizes that recognizing great work causes too many headaches and stops.
People who complained that the recognition wasn't doled out properly now complain that it isn't doled out at all.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
^^^ And, that's why I'll never be a manager.
That and, the ridiculous hrs. they work for the same pay.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
^^^ And, that's why I'll never be a manager.

Oh, come on! Don't give up so easily! Don't you want to endure the station lawyer grilling you with questions because a day off was granted to someone not on the wish list? And none of it involved him, but he always checks the list and the schedule to make sure it's kosher?:clown:

Management in just about any company boils down to being able to handle various types of personalities. I've seen those who had limited knowledge of an operation succeed because they were great at handling people. I've seen the opposite, too: people who knew boatloads about an operation fail because they didn't know how to manage people.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Oh, come on! Don't give up so easily! Don't you want to endure the station lawyer grilling you with questions because a day off was granted to someone not on the wish list? And none of it involved him, but he always checks the list and the schedule to make sure it's kosher?:clown:

Management in just about any company boils down to being able to handle various types of personalities. I've seen those who had limited knowledge of an operation succeed because they were great at handling people. I've seen the opposite, too: people who knew boatloads about an operation fail because they didn't know how to manage people.
And then there's you who doesn't know jack:censored2: about the operation and with people skills that suck.