Out of service for workplace violence.... lol

jbonious

My name is ********, and i am a member of Teamsters 568 in Shreveport Louisiana. Iam a part-time air driver and have been at UPS in shreveport for 17.5 yrs.
Last thursday i was taken out of service for workplace violence. The Center manager and i were merely arguing, and i touched his jacket sleeve when he walked off. He claimed i was violent.
The funny thing is i had two other witnesses that saw the whole thing, and agreed that the argument was minor and not out of control. So im sure i will have to sit out till feb or march, just for bs lies by ups managers. I understatd this story is vague, so i must explain a little more about the real problem ups management has with me. I am a disabled vet and served a year in Iraq in 2003 and 04. Also in the past 4 months i have written prob 15 grievances, many including issues such as: Employee manager relations, supervisors working, Discrimination issues with our hr department, safety concerns(unsafe vehicle conditions) and many other. I also called coorportate 4 times in the last 4 months, and gave them my name and employee id over such issues as: Managers slapping and clawing each others face, in front of hourly employees, yet they dont miss a single minute of work. Managers sleeping with each other and discussing it at work, Allowing some employees to leave building with packages overnight and not consider it theft. And obvisouly the discrimination issues. So honestly, im not violent, i just dont put up with dumb **** from UPS management, and i stand up for what i believe in.
e

Last edited by a moderator:

ymelord

All of the accusations of what happened in the past don't matter unless you can prove that UPS created a hostile environment by not addressing those other problems. Don't know enough to really comment, but I wouldn't air it out on web sites. The way UPS treats its employee's, I'm surprised it doesn't happen alot more.

over9five

Staff member
All of the accusations of what happened in the past don't matter unless you can prove that UPS created a hostile environment by not addressing those other problems. Don't know enough to really comment, but I wouldn't air it out on web sites. The way UPS treats its employee's, I'm surprised it doesn't happen alot more.

Excellent point. The OP posted a LOT of identifiable information. Please ask if you want it deleted.

S

serenity now

Managers slapping and clawing each others face, in front of hourly employees, yet they dont miss a single minute of work.

I hope these were women!!!

like this? cat fight.jpg
cat fight.jpg

UPSGUY72

This is why you work as directed and grieve later. It's also another reason why if you have a problem with management the silent treatment works just as good.... You don't have to like management team or talk to them about anything other then work related things.

A person with 17 plus year of service should know that there are never going to win a pissing match with management in the short term.

beentheredonethat

You have the right to grieve, even 15 times. You have the right to call the corporate line, even 4 times. However, no one should be able to touch another person, period. You may not think it's a big deal, but it is. Also, there's no reason for EITHER of you to get in a verbal argument in the workplace. I do realize it can and does happen. But you admit to placing your hand on the mgr. He appropriately, in my opinion, walked away and did not escalate the issue. Will you get your job back? Maybe. Just remember what others on the site have said before, all the manager has to do is be right once and you are gone. This may be the once.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I had a manager get aggressive verbally with me at another job once. I said "I need to let you know you are being extremely aggressive and I fear for my safety and the safety of those around me. You are creating a HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT." Federal law prevents employees from being forced to work in "hostile work environments".

You made a big mistake touching him. It sucks I know, it was most likely beyond harmless. However, if I had a supervisor harassing me I would be WAITING for them to place a hand on me.

Seems like you're lucky you have witnesses on your side, because things are not going your way at this point.

rod

Retired 22 years
I never realize that all those times a sup or a center manager "accidentally" stepped on my heal when they were walking behind me I could have had them fired for "creating a hostile work environment". All I ever did was tell them that I refused to get in a foot race and they were welcome to pass me if they were in that big of hurry.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You have the right to grieve, even 15 times. You have the right to call the corporate line, even 4 times. However, no one should be able to touch another person, period. You may not think it's a big deal, but it is. Also, there's no reason for EITHER of you to get in a verbal argument in the workplace. I do realize it can and does happen. But you admit to placing your hand on the mgr. He appropriately, in my opinion, walked away and did not escalate the issue. Will you get your job back? Maybe. Just remember what others on the site have said before, all the manager has to do is be right once and you are gone. This may be the once.
I thought so.......

I could write a book about UPS. lol I have seen it myself. If management does something, nobody sees or hears a thing, but if an employee does something, it's a criminal case. You have to realize. Some of the management team are simply little men who go home and do not wear the pants at their homes. So when they walk into UPS, they get the only chance in life at being in charge. So they run with it. Most are very miserable people who I have found are heavy drinkers. The only power they have ever had in their life is at UPS, so they intend to use and abuse it. Get use to it. Just laugh it off. You have to look at people who get off on being pricks as people who have issues in some other area of their lives. UPS is all they have! lol The funniest thing is, if we saw them outside of UPS we would see the wimps that they really are. (probably walking behind their wives saying "yes dear". ) LMAO

Dragon

Package Center Manager
My name is ********, and i am a member of Teamsters 568 in Shreveport Louisiana. Iam a part-time air driver and have been at UPS in shreveport for 17.5 yrs.
Last thursday i was taken out of service for workplace violence. The Center manager and i were merely arguing, and i touched his jacket sleeve when he walked off. He claimed i was violent.
The funny thing is i had two other witnesses that saw the whole thing, and agreed that the argument was minor and not out of control. So im sure i will have to sit out till feb or march, just for bs lies by ups managers. I understatd this story is vague, so i must explain a little more about the real problem ups management has with me. I am a disabled vet and served a year in Iraq in 2003 and 04. Also in the past 4 months i have written prob 15 grievances, many including issues such as: Employee manager relations, supervisors working, Discrimination issues with our hr department, safety concerns(unsafe vehicle conditions) and many other. I also called coorportate 4 times in the last 4 months, and gave them my name and employee id over such issues as: Managers slapping and clawing each others face, in front of hourly employees, yet they dont miss a single minute of work. Managers sleeping with each other and discussing it at work, Allowing some employees to leave building with packages overnight and not consider it theft. And obvisouly the discrimination issues. So honestly, im not violent, i just dont put up with dumb **** from UPS management, and i stand up for what i believe in.
e

I am a part-time air driver and have been at UPS in shreveport for 17.5 yrs.
Last thursday i was taken out of service for workplace violence. The Center manager and i were merely arguing,

What or who gives you the right to argue with a Manager at UPS or any other business.Work as a instructed, don't like it grieve it or quit.

You claim to be a disabled vet who served in IRAQ 2003-2004. What does this entitle you too?

I hope your career is done with UPS because it is time for you to move on.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I could write a book about UPS. lol I have seen it myself. If management does something, nobody sees or hears a thing, but if an employee does something, it's a criminal case. You have to realize. Some of the management team are simply little men who go home and do not wear the pants at their homes. So when they walk into UPS, they get the only chance in life at being in charge. So they run with it. Most are very miserable people who I have found are heavy drinkers. The only power they have ever had in their life is at UPS, so they intend to use and abuse it. Get use to it. Just laugh it off. You have to look at people who get off on being pricks as people who have issues in some other area of their lives. UPS is all they have! lol The funniest thing is, if we saw them outside of UPS we would see the wimps that they really are. (probably walking behind their wives saying "yes dear". ) LMAO

Poor first post...