Out of the Navy soon

WL Ward

Anyone familiar with the veteran apprenticeship program UPS offers? I’m getting out of the Navy soon and my goal is to work in the San Antonio area. Any information helps.

rod

Retired 22 years
did you kick yourself for not staying in?
No I didn't but it was a different time (Vietnam war) and I was in the Army -------a LOT different than being a swabby in todays Navy. I did have some good times in the Army though. A person tends to only remember the good things.

old levi's

blank space
No I didn't but it was a different time (Vietnam war) and I was in the Army -------a LOT different than being a swabby in todays Navy. I did have some good times in the Army though. A person tends to only remember the good things.

mind filters...

Mutineer

Anyone familiar with the veteran apprenticeship program UPS offers? I’m getting out of the Navy soon and my goal is to work in the San Antonio area. Any information helps.

Don't lose 'Copy 4' of your DD-214. If you apply for a Federal job, NO other copy of your DD-214 will suffice.

...and being an honorably-discharged veteran means absolutely NOTHING in the civilian workforce.

All the programs, OJT and preferences that you got told about and all the glossy pamphlets you've gathered featuring pictures of a smiling vet with a toothy grin swimming in prosperity are gross exaggerations or outright lies.

Or there's a 'catch' that disqualifies you.

That is my experience and that of people I've known. YMMV.