Out Sourcing TSG

A

Anonymous TSG

I'm currently in TSG and I'm wondering were all this PMT and micro management is going. I foresee more layoffs and us eventually being out sourced. The writing is clearly on the wall. Has anyone else heard anything?

I

Ithinkyouknowtheanswer

I'm currently in TSG and I'm wondering were all this PMT and micro management is going. I foresee more layoffs and us eventually being out sourced. The writing is clearly on the wall. Has anyone else heard anything?
If there are no more layoffs, I would be shocked. I have been out for almost a year and have had a rude awakening to the real tech world. Every day TSG gets "dumber" because they are not allowed to use technology.

Think UPS TSG will look good on a resume? Yes.

Think I swapped printers and imaged machines with a CD from corporate is going to cut it in an interview? Nope.

I have been working in schools and there are middle school kids with more skills than most TSG people I know. Just think about it. Every kid coming out of school has had a PC most of their life and can do all the basics like PC setup, OS installs, web design, and MS Access and Excel stuff. Eventually the majority of full and part time sups will be fairly computer competent, at least competent enough to swap out a PC and call it in to Louisville, or do basic troubleshooting and call Vegas if need be. Once that happens in a few years, why should they even have TSG? The Sups will just swap hardware, call corporate and they will handle everything remotely with no need for a TSG tech. I don't mean to paint a grim picture, but being in the real tech world, I can easily see it happening.