Over 15

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
It happens because drivers go home, if everybody stuck together and not go home, trust me they will not let you push a broom. You will be on the road.

Not sure what you are talking about. They cut the routes I can not force them to add any routes. Can you tell me how to force UPS to add routes? My building would love to learn this new trick.

The only reason I went home is a driver who was cut wanted to work and needs the money. If I had worked and he would have gone home. But they were not adding in a route if I worked.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Not sure what you are talking about. They cut the routes I can not force them to add any routes. Can you tell me how to force UPS to add routes? My building would love to learn this new trick.

The only reason I went home is a driver who was cut wanted to work and needs the money. If I had worked and he would have gone home. But they were not adding in a route if I worked.

Little Boy is right. And so what if the bottom drivers get laid off. That only means they had too many to begin with. The same concept goes for eight hr days. Way too many guys go home when they have an eight. As a result, management never cuts routes down on eight hr days. If EVERY driver held UPS to their eight, then they wouldn't get away with this crap. But as with skipping lunches, we have too many sheep for drivers. People who are petrified when management put the ever-so-slight pressure on them. They wilt like a paper flower. So management always gets what they want.

Ms.PacMan

Why can't you just say no to helping another driver? I don't think I've ever been put in a work as directed situation - they just send out a blanket "is anyone willing to help" to all drivers (daily during peak).

Ms.PacMan

Our guys get forced all they time.

If this is the OP's situation then grieve extra work by seniority (unless this is supplement language in my area). Paying the driver they are forcing to help plus one senior driver the same for doing nothing every time will end it.