"over allowed...."

Griff

Hence the term "personal" as it is his concern as to how he chooses to use his "personal" cell phone. If you choose to either not carry one or to not use it for UPS business, so be it. Some of us choose to do so as it makes our day easier so that we can come home to the reason(s) that we all work so hard each and every day. This is not to say whether I am right or whether you are right--it is up to each of us how we choose to use the tools available to us to make our days go that much smoother.

That's fair. It is your personal cellphone and you can do whatever you want with it. I guess the point I was trying to make which I got away from is the fact management is instructing people to use their cellphone and that is flat out wrong.

McBrown

Slave To The Grind
The more I read the more I realize that we are all putting up with the same crap no matter where we are!! Since PAS/EDD was implemented in our center in January, our "over allowed" drivers has hit just about 100% and they still cut out routes!

We are a sattelite center and our problems start with a later start time and we have to get our air to the airport by 4:45 or else! Not to mention our local sort gets jammed with five drivers hustling in to get their air off and their ground unloaded to get back out to the rest of their day! And they wonder why we're "over allowed"!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am black...so it really doen't matter..I give em my buck-wheat routine...LOL
We are an all-white center in an almost all-white area. The only black person in our center is our evening OMS. She is a wonderful lady, but I pity the fool who pisses her off. This woman suffers no fools and if you do something stupid or irresponsible she will tear into you with the "large, mad black woman" routine. It is far more effective than a warning letter, and an absolute blast to watch.:laughing: She shows no mercy towards full time management either, if they have it coming she will send them back to their office with their tails between their legs. She uses the side-to-side motion of the neck combined with the finger pointing to break the will of any and all who cross her.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That's fair. It is your personal cellphone and you can do whatever you want with it. I guess the point I was trying to make which I got away from is the fact management is instructing people to use their cellphone and that is flat out wrong.
They know better than to "tell" me to use my personal phone. I am more than willing to use it if they ask, and if I am dealing with a reasonable management person then I wont hesitate to use my phone for company biz.
If, on the other hand, I get one of those types that wants to shave the gnats ass on every little detail...then I remind him, by refusing to use my phone, that that sort of mentality can go both ways.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would also have an issue with being instructed to use my cell w/o reimbursement.

filthpig

Tell them all you can do is your best and that you do it every day. They can't fire you for numbers. Worst case scenario is that they ride with you. this works to your benefit.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
what ever happened to just using the customers phone???? thats what I did on my pkg car days.Once I put the sup on speaker phone as he was yelling at me as to how I sucked ,had the customers in stitches laughing!!!

ImpactedTSG

BD, you need to be careful as this could easily be construed as being racial in nature, although I am certain that you didn't mean it that way.
Why are you (and a lot of other people) so afraid of offending someone? I got a PM about putting the name Hitler in my signature and that it was offensive. What kind of crap is that? What kind of world do you want to live in? Do you want to live in a bubble where no one is allowed to say anything that may be offensive?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why are you (and a lot of other people) so afraid of offending someone? I got a PM about putting the name Hitler in my signature and that it was offensive. What kind of crap is that? What kind of world do you want to live in? Do you want to live in a bubble where no one is allowed to say anything that may be offensive?

Discussions on this forum can be productive without having to be offensive. Posters who tend to use words of an offensive nature reveal just how limited their vocabularies are in the process.

DS

Fenderbender
Discussions on this forum can be productive without having to be offensive. Posters who tend to use words of an offensive nature reveal just how limited their vocabularies are in the process.
Sometimes, you are profound Upstate.The fact is impactedTSG,that this site is different from other forums in that Cheryl is quite conservative in her choice of rules and TOS.All she asks is to respect others and to refrain from flaming and name calling.Hitler was a very bad man that destroyed millions of peoples lives,and maybe some people would find it offensive.

Hedley_Lamarr

Hedley, there's been some good views posted on this and then one or two that are demeaning to you. Don't let the latter get to you.
A few times (ok many times) in the past I have had sups give me the same crap you outlined. The reason you are being hounded is because your sup is accountable for your "over allowed" to the center manager. He's just wanting to look better on paper. Next time he even mentions you being over, tell him to brown up, get in the truck and observe. Then if he rides with you and he even as much as holds a door open for you or turns a box label up, anything that will help you out,tell him to stop. Be sure you take your required meal time. Don't ask him to demonstrate or train/show you how it's supposed to be done, most anyone can work like wildfire for 15 minutes but can't keep that pace up all day. Then at the end of "the ride" calmly ask him to tell you where you did anything wrong. The AM harassment will stop......... for a minute.
I had my sup ride with me, on an industrial center AM route. Every time I went to deliver something, he was in the back of the car sorting. We got back to the center at about 11:30AM. The next day when I did it on my own I got back around 12:30. He looks me in the face and says "hey Frank, what kept ya? We were back at 11:30 yesterday." I said LOUDLY "well today I didn't have a helper!"

I agree, that is funny. I also think it would be funny if a white person said it. Funny is funny. What that is saying is " You are treating me like a slave" it really is not a racist remark.

" I didn't have a helper today."...LOL...love it, good reply.