over nite

retired2000

any idea when ups is going to change the logo on over nite trailers? they have done the tractors here but not the trailers

teamsterdan

hell they have yet to convert all our pkg cars from the "boxbow" to the new "ups shield" logo....a while back a "wrench" told me they were told they'd be replaced @ the time they are due for paint jobs........ or when peace breaks out in the middle-east, whichever came first.....

southerngrits

UPSFreight Greenville SC
any idea when ups is going to change the logo on over nite trailers? they have done the tractors here but not the trailers

Hey guys first post of many I hope...

I work for UPSFreight in Greenville SC. and we have already gotten 4 city trailers rebranded and 5 tractors. They are taking one tractor and trailer a week and rebranding it. The pups are being rebranded in Gaffney at a pretty good rate.

retired2000

right after i asked this question i saw a ups frieght rig that has been converted. they have the ups shield and ups frieght on the trailer.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just saw one today. The trailer had the UPS shield and the side of the trailer also said "UPS Freight". The cab was blue, but the driver's door also had UPS Freight on it in white letters........however, that big blue windbreaker thingy that goes over the cab still said Overnite on it.

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
So Grits--welcome aboard and thanks for the info!! I haven't seen any of the new paint jobs yet---but in time I am sure they will be all repainted.I am noticing more and more Overnite rigs on the road---is it just me or does it seem that there are more rigs out there.........maybe because they are more noticable??

On the west coast I also see a lot of Motor Cargo rigs-----same thing--it appears that there are more and more everytime I look around...........maybe I should look around more often??

southerngrits

UPSFreight Greenville SC
So Grits--welcome aboard and thanks for the info!! I haven't seen any of the new paint jobs yet---but in time I am sure they will be all repainted.I am noticing more and more Overnite rigs on the road---is it just me or does it seem that there are more rigs out there.........maybe because they are more noticable??

On the west coast I also see a lot of Motor Cargo rigs-----same thing--it appears that there are more and more everytime I look around...........maybe I should look around more often??

thanks for the welcome upsdawg...

we were told all of our trailers and tractors would either be painted or replaced with in a 2 year period... we have several city trailers painted already, the city tractors are still O but they are working on the road tractors, that sub as city units in the day...

I do see an increase in our feeder service and they have opened alot more runs here in SC, not sure about cali... I know our Gaffney hub just opened I think 19 new runs to west mainly.....

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just drove the I-15 on Tuesday to Vegas. We saw lots more Overnite doubles than Fedex Doubles this time.

Coming back to CA. we saw a cab that said UPS Freight, but the trailer had a "Motor Cargo" emblem on it.

OFF TOPIC.......more neat, was the Hummer Stretch limo. in hot pink. WOW ! Was that ever noticeable !!

Indy135

well from what i was told, they only are gonna use the old overnite tractors/trailers until they retire them, then they will buy new trailers and paint them with the ups logos

almost all of our pups here in indianapolis say motor cargo or overnite

raceanoncr

Hell, we don't even have all the parcel trailers rebranded yet. How long's it been? They said, "At next PMI" . Geez, they must go 4 yrs between PMIs now!

Brought one in today.

bluebrowngirl

I work in UPS Freight general office out of Richmond, VA. We were told branding would be done in phases. The main general office has the new UPS logo hoisted up over where the old Overnite logo was INSET into the building. It looks kind of funny. But anyway, our service center here still has the old Overnite sign out front. I've seen many trucks that have been converted, the ones that are not fully converted have these tacky looking magnets over the Overnite Logo. I take pride in working for UPS/UPS Freight, even if I do not agree with some of their practices and tactics, and they are going in the right track, it just makes me feel like we're a little cheesy when we slap magnets of dirty, nasty, busted up trucks, that really need to retire.

daveg

daveg
there's a 2 year break in this thread.do any of you own a calendar?we'll be getting all new tractors here in california due to the emission laws so they aren't painting any of our million milers.and thanx for all the new 48 foot route trailers with liftgates. we really like the new equipment. personally i like the raincoat they gave us.you have no idea how many times people have asked me to get them one or if i would be willing to sell mine.the smilies suck,can we get better looking ones?

daveg

daveg
they actually want us to pass that junk out.we have 4 cases of them sitting in the breakroom and no one will take them.they're as embarrassing as as these smilies.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Just those awful baby green shet calendars UPS put out for 2009 and we can't stand to look at them! :funny:

For the first time in three plus decades, I have a non-UPS calender hanging in my kitchen. Maybe we should design our own Brown Cafe Calendar, it couldn't be any worse!

raceanoncr

they actually want us to pass that junk out.we have 4 cases of them sitting in the breakroom and no one will take them.they're as embarrassing as as these smilies.

Pass em out to all automotive service factilities and take bunches home yerself. They make GREAT floor oil drip mats!!!