Overwhelmed by RDRs often

haller

I'm nearly the last one left every time loading 75-100 RDRs, i feel embarassed almost. I'm on my third week and doing my best to stick it out. Was anyone else this lucky when they first started?

BurntSienna

Take a minute to study the load chart. Usually there's a shelf that doesn't get too many packages. Push everything on that shelf as far up as you can and use that for RDRs. Make sure you label them clearly and/or leave a note for the driver on the load chart. That's one idea...

Brown Matrix

He Starting To Belive
JUST HANG IN THERE AND TRY NOT TO MIS-LOAD THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING SPEED WILL COME WITH TIME IF IT WERE EASY WE WOULD HAVE ALL KINDS OF LOSERS LOADING THESES TRUCKS

Putting a rear door stop on shelf is a recipe for missed pkgs. if you have room for rear door pkgs on a shelf, say shelf 8, then you should not have any pkgs on the floor for shelf 4 or 8.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Putting a rear door stop on shelf is a recipe for missed pkgs. if you have room for rear door pkgs on a shelf, say shelf 8, then you should not have any pkgs on the floor for shelf 4 or 8.

Walmart is RDR on my PC. Most of the time it will all fit there but when it won't my loader will slide the packages on the 6000 shelf and put the overflow for Walmart there. He does not drop any 6000 to the floor for the reasons you gave above.

Walmart is RDR on my PC. Most of the time it will all fit there but when it won't my loader will slide the packages on the 6000 shelf and put the overflow for Walmart there. He does not drop any 6000 to the floor for the reasons you gave above.
No shelf 2 pkgs on the floor either. All rear door stops must stay on the floor.

livin the dream

as long as my loader tells me I don't really care what he does with it. we have dispatch putting bulk on the 2000 shelf and the day 1 pre loader doesn't know any better

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This is the kind of crap that makes being a cover driver suck.

opey

if its genuinely called for and done correctly, there is no problem with putting RDR's on a shelf for a bulk stop. obviously the correct way isnt to sprinkle them in amongst the 8000's and 5000's.... its not rocket science

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Take a minute to study the load chart. Usually there's a shelf that doesn't get too many packages. Push everything on that shelf as far up as you can and use that for RDRs. Make sure you label them clearly and/or leave a note for the driver on the load chart. That's one idea...

How about just asking the driver where he wants them when there are to many?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
What I can't stand, is when the preloader gets overwhelmed with RDRs early and loads them on the floor all the way through FLR3 and FLR1 to the very front of the truck. It's RDR for a reason. The stop comes out of the rear door, sometimes on a dock. Putting it all the way to the front in a bricked out truck only :censored2:s me up royally. If you can't leave it out and then load it in the middle after everything else is loaded then do like others have suggested. Use the back of shelf 6, hell even the back of shelf 5 if you have to. For me the RDR stop is my first so I need to be able to access it first and once it's gone I have all that room to use.
To the OP you might be the last one to leave but your driver will sincerely appreciate you putting those RDRs in the right spot.

Grey

There is one route I cover that is impossible to load. It's just insane how many bulk stops are littered throughout the truck. I leave LIB every time I run it and someone runs it out to me 2 hours later and there's barely room. The guy who's route it is is in feeder and only runs it a few times a year. The cover guys pray they don't get put on it.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
There is one route I cover that is impossible to load. It's just insane how many bulk stops are littered throughout the truck. I leave LIB every time I run it and someone runs it out to me 2 hours later and there's barely room. The guy who's route it is is in feeder and only runs it a few times a year. The cover guys pray they don't get put on it.
Sounds exactly like my route. 2 full trucks a day when all the bulk stops are heavy at the same time. And 35 pickups so the truck returns just as full as it left.