P.A.S. Coming to our center-Any advice?

T

Thebrowntruth

disneyworld said:
Our management team just says "Leave,you don't have to work here". Get used to the color RED,affectionately known as BLEEDING.

Mrbill,

Sad to hear but remember one thing about UPS management...no matter how good or bad the manager, division manager, etc. is, they wont be there 2 years from now. You will have someone else and hopefully someone that cares! None of us ever HAVE to work at UPS or anywhere, its what we have chosen. Dont sink to the bottom where the garbage lies, rise to the top and make it work. When those of those that care are finally outnumbered by those that dont is when the doors close for good. Hang in there, believe it or not the system is a necessary evil and one that with enough of us working to correct will help ensure we have a job to go back to tomorrow. (Even if it is just to complain about something else LOL)

musicman

Actually here at our center they are trying to encourage us to get involved with the trace of our routes as much as possible. They told us that if we spend enough time setting up the correct trace that things will go a lot easier and that potentially a route can be loaded stop for stop. They even talked about bringing a driver from another center who supposedly submitted 30 pages for his route and he swears by the system. One plus I have going for me is that the town I deliver in is not committed until 12 noon. So that makes me a little more flexible. The have showed me the loop I will be delivering in. There are going to be 5 drivers in my loop. I am the B driver in my loop. The A driver runs a route that consists of about 230 miles a day. I am told he will be dispatched until he has reached his planned day and the apex of my route will be where ever that point happens to be. I was also told I would run the odd number units in my loop in the a.m. until I reached the apex of my route and then work my way back delivering to the even numbered units. I really want to try and make this work, I mean its coming anyway so I might as well give it a shot.

30andout

When they started with EDD and Pas in our center they ask for our loop input and we gave it. Some of us spent a lot of our own time to make things work the best we could. Then about 6 months later some IE clowns relooped the center and everything is so screwed up most of the drivers just gave up and follow their dumb way and waste miles and time. We have tried to tell them its wrong but noone will listen.Oh well I still get paid by the hour, I just put my time in.

mittam

yes they told us the same thing I put in about 40 hrs on doing trace for 5 different routes(i'm a cover driver) they went in and were exact come mondays though the system will kick it out,or pulling splits or adding splits will mess it up, sometimes splits will be added through the load ie , if you have a neighborhood that lets say all streets are tree names and neighborhood across town is spices names, spices get pulled to your route and are mixed through the tree names great edd

danlin

We keep asking when the nightmare will come to our center. We have been told that in order for our center to have the nightmare our building requires a $200,000 add -on.And we all know how how UPS is quick to spend money.
So it looks like it wil be awhile before the ngihtmare starts here.
A northern center in the rocky mt district.

rushfan

You will show up to your car the first of "going live", and you will think, "what the friend*&(* are they thinking". Either you will have nothing in your car, or you'll have so much crap outside your car that it won't fit. I rarely get upset, but that day I was so pissed off. You and others will miss businesses. The only time I ever missed businesses was when they implemented PAS.
You may have a pcm and have a visit from the district manager promising you that each driver in a loop will meet with the dispatch supervisor to go over your route-It will happen with the first few drivers who start pas, but then the "PAS Team" will give up and just deploy the rest of the drivers on the system. I was so pissed about broken promises of getting info on my new route. No one met with me, and no trace map was given to me-despite people giving their word.

Our center PAS deployment team get an friend- (I would give them a lower grade if there was any thing lower). I knew some at ups break promises, but this just confirms, and makes me more pissed off at the "brains" behind ups.

The position of your stops will change day to day. Plan on working alot of overtime

upsdude

danlin said:
We keep asking when the nightmare will come to our center. We have been told that in order for our center to have the nightmare our building requires a $200,000 add -on.And we all know how how UPS is quick to spend money.
So it looks like it wil be awhile before the ngihtmare starts here.
A northern center in the rocky mt district.

LOL.
Stand by, UPS spent 1.5 million to bring the screw up to our place.

The PAS team did spend a lot of time meeting with drivers in our building. The team leader was very easy to work with and honestly, my route is easier to follow with EDD. The problem is time allowance. I picked up 30 stops and average an hour over-allowed.

disneyworld

rushfan said:
You will show up to your car the first of "going live", and you will think, "what the friend*&(* are they thinking". Either you will have nothing in your car, or you'll have so much crap outside your car that it won't fit. I rarely get upset, but that day I was so pissed off. You and others will miss businesses. The only time I ever missed businesses was when they implemented PAS.
You may have a pcm and have a visit from the district manager promising you that each driver in a loop will meet with the dispatch supervisor to go over your route-It will happen with the first few drivers who start pas, but then the "PAS Team" will give up and just deploy the rest of the drivers on the system. I was so pissed about broken promises of getting info on my new route. No one met with me, and no trace map was given to me-despite people giving their word.

Our center PAS deployment team get an friend- (I would give them a lower grade if there was any thing lower). I knew some at ups break promises, but this just confirms, and makes me more pissed off at the "brains" behind ups.

The position of your stops will change day to day. Plan on working alot of overtime
"This is a fine place,to hesitate.Those bonfire lights in the mirror of sky.The space between wonder and why".

iloadthetruck

browniehound said:
I have a bit of advice that might save you a ton of aggravation. When looking through EDD in the AM, if lists a NDA that looks like a bad address or a stop that would be unlikely to get a NDA, go to your truck and check it out. It probably has a bad PAL. When using ASD's, I believe the PAL label has to be created manually and we all know how difficult it is to read a person's handwriting. The person applying the PAL is going to look in the system for the nearest match address. And 95% of the time this in incorrect. You''ll end up driving to the other side of town at 1030 to deliver a NDA that isn't even yours and now you behing 1/2 hour.

ASD's and SRB labels are the weakest link when it comes to getting accurate PALs. At the moment all of the billing copies are scanned and trasmitted to someplace (India, I think) and are key-entered. They are NEVER, and I mean it, NEVER ever entered properly. I have seen packages meant for 1000 Main St entered as 100 Main St, "Central" entered as "Center" or "Commercial", and rural addresses will be completely mangled because the key-entry person decided to interpret the address in their own special way.

shock3rd

Remember to tell your air drivers not to shuttle any of the missloaded pieces to any drivers unless they are compensated for it. They should be getting full scale drivers wages if they shuttle any pieces .

over9five

Staff member
Agreed. Don't let them tell you you don't get full rate because you didn't deliver it. You progressed the package, you get full rate.

disneyworld

over9five said:
Agreed. Don't let them tell you you don't get full rate because you didn't deliver it. You progressed the package, you get full rate.
No more deals.No more favors.It's by the book now more than ever.

shock3rd

Tell you air drivers not to let this happen. I did let it happen & when I tried to go back get the full drivers wages too much time went by & my grievence was no good.