P/T Sup test and hub school

A

Anonymous loader

I was thinking about trying to become a P/T sup and was wondering about the test. Can someone give me a better idea of the test and what to work on?

Also, what is hub school?

Please don't reply saying don't leave or stay where your at. I know all of UPS sucked, Different jobs changes how and where its going to hurt.

Thanks,

Loader
Louisville Hub

Channahon

I suggest you get with your full time sup or another p/t sup regarding your concerns. If you have the desire to be a p/t sup and think you would be good at it, go for it. Although, stating that all UPS sucks - why bother at all?

Zypher22

Lol, you want to be a sup because it's less work (physically), that is what I gather from your post.

You think UPS sucks and you want to be a "leader"???? (FYI that's what a good supervisor is supposed to be, a leader).

BEEGDADDAY

I was thinking about trying to become a P/T sup and was wondering about the test. Can someone give me a better idea of the test and what to work on?

Also, what is hub school?

Please don't reply saying don't leave or stay where your at. I know all of UPS sucked, Different jobs changes how and where its going to hurt.

Thanks,

Loader
Louisville Hub

tEST HAS 5 POSSIBLE ANSWERS , MOST PREFERRED , NEXT MOST PREFERRED AND THREE WRONG ANSWERS.
SITUATIONAL TYPE QUESTIONS.
THEY ALSO TEND TO REPHRASE THE SAME QUESTION MULTIPLE TIMES AND LOOK FOR CONSISTENCY OF ANSWERS.
GOOD LUCK.

Zypher22

tEST HAS 5 POSSIBLE ANSWERS , MOST PREFERRED , NEXT MOST PREFERRED AND THREE WRONG ANSWERS.
SITUATIONAL TYPE QUESTIONS.
THEY ALSO TEND TO REPHRASE THE SAME QUESTION MULTIPLE TIMES AND LOOK FOR CONSISTENCY OF ANSWERS.
GOOD LUCK.

I'm guessing you haven't seen or taken the new MAPP test, the test changed in 2005 from the type you have described above.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Hub school is a 3 week class room training program for all new part-time supervisors. Its usually held once a year.

I think it depends on where you are. I saw a calendar in a manager's office and I saw a number of New Management Orientations (around 6) in the next few months.