Pack It Up, Pack It In

Meat

Let begin my final post by reiterating a point I have previously made on these boards: you really can learn something about where our society is at by reading the posts on this site.

To me, it seems the most common response pertaining to political corruption is something to the effect that “your side is doing the same thing.”

Today on Meet The Press, Rand Paul used that exact logic when asked about Trump’s interaction with the Ukrainian president.

It occurred to me that if our elected officials have been reduced to proffering the same limited logic as message board rabble, there probably isn’t much hope for our democracy, and very little point in engaging in political discussions.

Because of this, I will be resigning my post as the most entertaining member in the history of this board, effective immediately.

It will be fine

Let begin my final post by reiterating a point I have previously made on these boards: you really can learn something about where our society is at by reading the posts on this site.

To me, it seems the most common response pertaining to political corruption is something to the effect that “your side is doing the same thing.”

Today on Meet The Press, Rand Paul used that exact logic when asked about Trump’s interaction with the Ukrainian president.

It occurred to me that if our elected officials have been reduced to proffering the same limited logic as message board rabble, there probably isn’t much hope for our democracy, and very little point in engaging in political discussions.

Because of this, I will be resigning my post as the most entertaining member in the history of this board, effective immediately.
6BCB218D-0C06-4FCF-B827-EE9D6F8E448A.jpeg

Indecisi0n

I accept your resignation and put you in for a permanent ban .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I know you're young and disillusioned, but don't give up hope, and here's why.

1. America is "browning". Watch a lot of these hard Red states flip when minorities become the majority. The GOP knows this is happening and is probably enjoying their last hurrah.

2. The FOX/Limbaugh/Savage nuts are dying out and will become a non-factor. I believe Limbaugh's audience age is about at a median 65 level.

3. Millenials and minorities are getting involved in politics.

4. Climate change and the environment will soon become undeniable problems that the Right can't explain and/or legislate away. Once they're out of the way, actual progress can be made instead of what we see now, a wholesale dismantling of environmental policy under Trump.

5. Having the GOP paint world politics as a war between us and them and of Christianity being under attack by Islam will diminish as they die out. More logical and common sense policies are bound to eventually emerge when Trump is gone.

It will get to the point with Trump that the GOP will have to throw him under the bus. Once it's revealed that he is compromised by Putin or has done even worse things, not even blind allegiance and excuse-making will work any longer.

The GOP is living on borrowed time, and they know it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

1. America is "browning". Watch a lot of these hard Red states flip when minorities become the majority. The GOP knows this is happening and is probably enjoying their last hurrah.

2. The FOX/Limbaugh/Savage nuts are dying out and will become a non-factor. I believe Limbaugh's audience age is about at a median 65 level.

4. Climate change and the environment will soon become undeniable problems that the Right can't explain and/or legislate away. Once they're out of the way, actual progress can be made instead of what we see now, a wholesale dismantling of environmental policy under Trump.

5. Having the GOP paint world politics as a war between us and them and of Christianity being under attack by Islam will diminish as they die out. More logical and common sense policies are bound to eventually emerge when Trump is gone.

It will get to the point with Trump that the GOP will have to throw him under the bus. Once it's revealed that he is compromised by Putin or has done even worse things, not even blind allegiance and excuse-making will work any longer.

lol

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Meet the press used to be great.
Chuck Todd is a biased flaming liberal.
Tim Russert is rolling over in his grave. The show is completely unwatchable trash at this point.

542thruNthru

giphy-96.gif

@Wally we got another goodbye thread from some unknown member.

bbsam

Staff member
I think Meat has a point. I’ve grown weary of the stupidity around here. It’s not political discourse. It’s rabid, thoughtless tribalism. I have better things to do with my time.

Goodbye.

Well, no. Actually I don’t have better things to do with my time. Guess I’ll stay.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

yea and fedex can compete with ups