• Brake check it to close the door

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Leave it open, cold weather is for pansies

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • I don't get cold weather

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I open it half way on the way out to retain some heat, never latch back unless it's cozy warm out. I've donated enough performance and sacrificed enough comfort. Kiss my grits!

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I don't get out the drivers door because it's not a method. Driver door closed all day passenger open unless traveling to next area.
We were just arguing that very subject......my on car said getting in the driver door is the method if it's closer to the del stop.....I said that's not the method and it's unsafe......I went to safety manager and center manager and they both said it is the method........also said walking and sheeting packages is the method which also surprised me

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were just arguing that very subject......my on car said getting in the driver door is the method if it's closer to the del stop.....I said that's not the method and it's unsafe......I went to safety manager and center manager and they both said it is the method........also said walking and sheeting packages is the method which also surprised me

This change is several years old. If you have a smaller package for a stop on the driver's side and it is safe to do so the preferred method now is to deliver out of the driver's side.

Walking and sheeting when safe to do so has always been the method.

Indecisi0n

Have them show you where it states that getting in the drivers door is a method? Solves that one. As far as walking and scanning goes, ask your sup how it's possible to scan a package while at the same time be able to visually scan your walk path (which is a method)? If you have to take your eyes off the walk path its unsafe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have them show you where it states that getting in the drivers door is a method? Solves that one. As far as walking and scanning goes, ask your sup how it's possible to scan a package while at the same time be able to visually scan your walk path (which is a method)? If you have to take your eyes off the walk path its unsafe.

When was your last S&V ride? If it has been more than a year then you may not have been told of the method change. As for walking and sheeting, I can recall being told to do that back when were still on paper.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The same way it's "safe" for loaders to follow the 8 keys of lifting and lowering stacks of packages with a crayon in one hand. Goes against the methods, but that's what the DM
wants. Until someone gets hurt.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS wrote the book on how to preach "safety-safety-safety" and yet demand job performance that in no way can be accomplished if you follow all their "methods". All they are doing is covering their :censored2: so that NOTHING is their fault.

Indecisi0n

UPS wrote the book on how to preach "safety-safety-safety" and yet demand job performance that in no way can be accomplished if you follow all their "methods". All they are doing is covering their :censored2: so that NOTHING is their fault.
Which is why you refuse to do anything that contradicts their methods. I'd like to see them take a refusal to work as directed case to arbitration for refusing to take my eyes off my work path. I'll take return to work with back pay, thank you very much.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Which is why you refuse to do anything that contradicts their methods. I'd like to see them take a refusal to work as directed case to arbitration for refusing to take my eyes off my work path. I'll take return to work with back pay, thank you very much.
Believe me I agree with what you are saying......I say the exact same things.....I am just pointing out method changes on managements make up without regard for safety