Package car driving hours

F

feeder

proups, DOT regulation only applies for comercial driven vehicles, let me clarifiy: Driving pkg-car does not require a CDL, also, being in pkg-car driver, you dont need log books, right????, duh!!!

S

sweatyguy

Feeder, if you only knew...I wish I was lying. BTW ALL management was gone from the building. The doors were even locked. One of the feeder guys was looking at me and laughing. Was an all resi route in which they park a Uhaul trailer that I go to get more to refill up around 4 in afternoon, so no outbound, yes it was peak, no no helper that day, and yes I called in the next day.
wink2.gif
Or should I say 5 hours later...

P

proups

Feeder: before you say DUH to anyone, you should have your ducks in a row.

You are correct about the DOT regs, but you missed my point - and it isn't all about log books, concrete cowboys (or Buster Browns), and tractor trailers.

First, I'll try and educate you on DOT Regs. They require a CDL for anything over 26,000 pounds. Some of the large cube 24 foot vans that PACKAGE CAR DRIVERS drive weigh over 26,000 pounds, and those drivers are required to have a CDL. The DOT Regs apply.

In some states, a special driving permit is required to drive commercial vehicles - that would apply to package cars, right?

So before you tell me that I'm stupid again, go ask a business manager in a package center if they track hours for package drivers and if they do it for DOT Hours of Service. Let me know what you find out. Don't respond before you do your homework.
icon303.gif

K

kidlogic

Tie you stated on a previous thread the following for PACKAGE CAR DRIVERS.

No more than 10 hours of driving in a day.
No more than 15 hours on duty.
No more than 60 in a 7 day week.
8 hours off duty soon to be upped to 10
You were wrong...

T

tieguy

Kiddie I'm truly sorry you did not recieve enough love and attention during your upbringing. Find someone else to follow around.

T

tieguy

Lets see did I say heel? Did I whistle? Did I say come a running? Why the frick are you still trying to maintain this stupid debate. What is your freaking genetic defect that allows you to continue arguments that were lost 10 days ago. Who dropped you on your head as a baby and caused you to be so freakin obsessive?

K

kidlogic

I just like that my words make you talk like some kid on the playground. I like that I can control your emotions just by pressing a key. The simple minded are so easily controled...some easier then others ...hehehehheheheeh...... Your getting very sleepy......

T

tieguy

LOL, whats that kid you want me to talk to you like I'm a kid on a playground? ROFLMAO I must have missed that request when I was giving your wife and mother some dang good humping. Hope you feel better now that I have honored your request.

D

dannyboy

Tie

The 6th post into this thread you posted that you were done with the kid and his posts, he wasnt worth it.

Just do it!
angel.gif

As for all the posts saying that "yeah, long ago they were able to work us those long hours", well they still can and do on occasion. ITs a shame that the 9.5 rule had to be placed into the contract, and unless UPS starts shortening the paid day below it, there will be hell to pay at the next contract, as it would be a strike issue. THese were words to me from Hall at one of the panels concerning rampant numbers of over 9.5's, as many as 80-95% in our building on some days.

d

K

kidlogic

Wow by pressing the A key on my keyboard I was able to turn Tie into a garbage talking punk. Does anyone want to see what happens when I press the b Key....See you came running like a little puppy dog....My powers are working.....look deep into the swirl....

T

tieguy

You said you wanted me to give you a playground response you got one. You should be thanking me.

D

deliver_man

How bout them Cowboys?

That's America's team, baby!

Tie, you need to clean it up, you know better than to post something like that here.

L

local804

That really was uncalled for.........
No hits below the belt....
icon304.gif

T

tieguy

No I think it was very appropriate since the kid has been begging for it for weeks.