PACKAGE HANDLER AT UPS PLEASE

D

Deleted member 77202

Our start times are pre-programmed into our time clock (I'm assuming by a part-time Supervisor), so no matter how early an employee punches in, they only get paid from the actual start time.

There are a handful of dedicated employees who arrive at work a half hour early everyday and do things like open the feeder trailer doors, check scanners to make sure they're working, put out extra tape & labels so we don't have to search for them when we're busy, etc. and they don't get paid one cent extra.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Our start times are pre-programmed into our time clock (I'm assuming by a part-time Supervisor), so no matter how early an employee punches in, they only get paid from the actual start time.

There are a handful of dedicated employees who arrive at work a half hour early everyday and do things like open the feeder trailer doors, check scanners to make sure they're working, put out extra tape & labels so we don't have to search for them when we're busy, etc. and they don't get paid one cent extra.

Start filing grievances and make the company pay the people who are working off the clock.

"ARTICLE 17. PAID FOR TIME
Article 17
All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in service of the Employer. Rates of pay provided for by this Agreement shall be minimums. Time shall be computed from the time that the employee is ordered to report for work and registers in and until the employee is effectively released from duty. All time lost due to delays as a result of overloads or certifcate violations involving federal, state or city regulations, which occur through no fault of the driver, shall be paid for by the Employer.
The Employer will not allow employees to work prior to their start time without appropriate compensation."

Poop Head

Judge me.

Are you sure they're doing it for free?

Utility81

They did that to me at integrad about a decade ago. Lay down when you need to. It all evens out in the end.

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

dumbest thing i ever heard of

clean hairy

Start filing grievances and make the company pay the people who are working off the clock.

"ARTICLE 17. PAID FOR TIME
Article 17
All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in service of the Employer. Rates of pay provided for by this Agreement shall be minimums. Time shall be computed from the time that the employee is ordered to report for work and registers in and until the employee is effectively released from duty. All time lost due to delays as a result of overloads or certifcate violations involving federal, state or city regulations, which occur through no fault of the driver, shall be paid for by the Employer.
The Employer will not allow employees to work prior to their start time without appropriate compensation."
Unless your name is Dave!

AwashBwashCwash

I didn't know there was training at UPS.
When I showed up for my interview I just saw this guy with messed up hair and a wild, desperate look in his eyes like a cornered animal (later I found out this was the supervisor) and when he saw me he just pointed at me and screamed "YOU! GET IN THE TRAILER!"
That was my training.
And in some ways, that moment taught me more about the company than anything else.

Box Ox

I didn't know there was training at UPS.
When I showed up for my interview I just saw this guy with messed up hair and a wild, desperate look in his eyes like a cornered animal (later I found out this was the supervisor) and when he saw me he just pointed at me and screamed "YOU! GET IN THE TRAILER!"
That was my training.
And in some ways, that moment taught me more about the company than anything else.

I'm imagining your story being narrated by Morgan Freeman Shawshank Redemption style.