Package "Throwing

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
That's nothing compared to the treatment packages get during the shipping process
I tell customers all the time who say "Geez, what did you do to it?" that the brief period of time that the package is with me is the smoothest part of its trip.

you should treat every delivery as if a camera was on you.
Often there is--even more so now. If you look around on porches when you deliver you'll see more and more home surveillance cameras. This is in part to security companies hooking up home security to the internet especially the cable companies doing security systems now. As it gets cheaper and grows in popularity you'll see even more cameras on residential stops.

Box Ox

A gate like that might indicate to me that a dog could be inside (Sleeping/off camera. Maybe there was a "Beware of Dog" sign on the outside of the wall) or I might be shot as an intruder. Or everyone in the neighborhood might have a gate with a different/difficult lock and latch mechanism that drivers just don't always have time to deal with. Probably isn't that driver's first time delivering to that location and he might know about context-adding location-specific circumstances we don't.

I honestly don't know how that driver could have done better if the customer wasn't home and he couldn't enter the yard for some reason.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I didn't go through many residential gates until I took a route in the ghetto because as a cover driver I didn't know if there was a nasty dog waiting to race me back to my truck on some routes. Now I'm opening and closing gates all damn afternoon. If you don't close a gate in the ghetto they look at you like you just kicked their dog.

Z

ZQXC

This guy is my hero. Wish I could do that and not feel bad about it.

Using his method, with light singles, in a very dense delivery area, you could put off 450 stops per hour. That's 200 more than UPState can do.

JL 0513

Word of advice: Always assume a camera is rolling nowadays. Imagine losing your job being caught doing something similar to one of the example videos. Even if I knew I wasn't seen, I still would never conduct my job in such a careless manner. Pretty sad.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Don't need a camera for customers to know their boxes get beat to hell, theres enough boxes that look like total poop everyday. Im always completely honest with the customer and I tell them that everyone from the unloaders to the sort guys to the loaders and to the drivers, were all getting beat down like a dog as far as the time and the amount of boxes being thrown down our throats. The customers see it and don't believe for a second their not taking note of how bad these idiots run the operation. Im just being completely honest with them and they see it with their own eyes.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I don't even try n defend these idiots anymore, I tell the customer they don't give a dam about the customer or their employees. All they care about is the shareholders and profit that's it lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I may toss packages but I don't intentionally set out to damage them. If a package is mangled....I will refuse to load it. My favorite is the opened ones where half the contents spilled down the belt or down the grates. Sup will tape it up with whatever's left in the box and tell us to load it. Oh, well at least they'll still getting their package....wtf? Who wants half of what they ordered??

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
CAM00073.jpg

:oops: