Package was picked up by driver without a label...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott88

As the title states.

I left four packages by our loading dock on Thursday 11/15 at work for our driver to pick up, and I realized the following Monday that I had an extra shipping label in my printer and that one of the packages picked up is missing a label.

From my understanding after talking to our driver and several hours with different UPS reps, that packages like this end up in overgoods. Unfortunately, that department seems extremely hard to get a hold of.

What are the chances it turns up? I wouldn't be so worried if it was a personal package, however our company is out $300 until I am able to get this to our vendor.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Did you have Invoice information on or within the package?
Before a package is sent to overgoods, the package is searched for an invoice or BOL and the label is reconstructed.
Also, if the package has an old label on it, it would be forwarded to the TO: location on the old label.

Otherwise, it is damn near impossible to contact Overgoods and if even so, there are thousands of packages being processed on any given day.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Could you have accidentally printed a duplicate label? Did you track number on duplicate label?

Do your labels print and you need to place in clear envelope or tape on package? Or do you generate sticker?

Did driver sign for four packages?

Which UPS did you use?
  1. Small Package
  2. UPS Supply Chain
  3. UPS Freight
Domestic or international shipment?

Company out $300?
Did you include packing slip?

Is shipment high value?

Drivers do pickup scans. Shipments are tracked and milestones are generated every step of movement until delivery.

And no disrespect...
Could another employee have taken carton (employee theft) and left you accountable?

Scott88

Did you have Invoice information on or within the package?
Before a package is sent to overgoods, the package is searched for an invoice or BOL and the label is reconstructed.
Also, if the package has an old label on it, it would be forwarded to the TO: location on the old label.

Otherwise, it is damn near impossible to contact Overgoods and if even so, there are thousands of packages being processed on any given day.

No invoice info, this was just merchandise being returned to one of our vendors.

I reuse a lot of boxes, so more than likely it did have an old label addressed to us.

Scott88

Could you have accidentally printed a duplicate label? Did you track number on duplicate label?

Do your labels print and you need to place in clear envelope or tape on package? Or do you generate sticker?

Did driver sign for four packages?

Which UPS did you use?
  1. Small Package
  2. UPS Supply Chain
  3. UPS Freight
Domestic or international shipment?

Company out $300?
Did you include packing slip?

Is shipment high value?

Drivers do pickup scans. Shipments are tracked and milestones are generated every step of movement until delivery.

And no disrespect...
Could another employee have taken carton (employee theft) and left you accountable?

The driver didn't sign for the packages.

UPS small package.

Domestic.

Yeah we're out until it's returned to our vendor. There was no packing slip.

The contents of the box are ~$300.

I watched the driver take all four packages off of the loading dock. I thought they did pick up scans, but the first scan on each of the other three packages says "Shipped 7:38 PM". Which is four hours after they were picked up.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I could've helped with potential steps to resolve if this was either UPS Freight or Supply Chain Solutions.

Thank you for quick response.
Aj

Turdferguson

Just a turd
KffH8.gif

Really?
Tagging me with him?
He sucks

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Is the box still sitting in the local UPS building? Sometimes they hang around for a while until someone gets the ambition to ship them off.

Scott88

Is the box still sitting in the local UPS building? Sometimes they hang around for a while until someone gets the ambition to ship them off.
They said the looked everywhere and kept telling me to call UPS customer service and ask for over goods. I talked to the same person at my local hub 3 times last week.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
They said the looked everywhere and kept telling me to call UPS customer service and ask for over goods. I talked to the same person at my local hub 3 times last week.
One would assume overgoods has a record of what came in each day from each particular UPS location. One would assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.