Palin and letterman

tieguy

Banned
If you come away with Letterman suggesting a baseball player rape Palin's 14 yr old daughter, thats your hang up...I don't twist and parse words such as "rape" to fit an opinion.....i've already said my peace....reread it

The act of an adult "knocking up" a 14 year old is rape. Statatory but still called rape. No parsing needed.

over9five

Staff member
Ha! And then the old fool starts the spin control...

"Uhh.....ummmmm...I meant her 18 year old daughter....yeah, thats the ticket..."

Uhh, Dave, nice try, but the 18 year old wasn't there.

diesel96

The act of an adult "knocking up" a 14 year old is rape. Statatory but still called rape. No parsing needed.

If you "knocked up" the girl next door it's not rape, it's getting one pregnant...it's called unprotected consensual sex....only you and the Palin camp have chosen to inject a 14 year old into the equation and use the word rape to support your defense....that's a dangerous word

Ha! And then the old fool starts the spin control...

"Uhh.....ummmmm...I meant her 18 year old daughter....yeah, thats the ticket..."

Uhh, Dave, nice try, but the 18 year old wasn't there.

Ummmm....looks like Tie, Over and the Palin camp are the only dinosaurs left who still think the joke was directed towards the 14 year old.....most of the country has pretty much accepted that the Letterman writers got the daughters mixed up......

NY Lawmaker to CBS: Fire Letterman

Unfortunately, this won't work. You have to complain to the shows sponsors...

Republican (of course) Brian Kolb of upstate New York,

where was this clown when Rush called Chelsea the Whitehouse dog. and McCain said she was unttractive because Janet Reno was her father.

So, why did Leno, Ferguson, and previous Letterman's jokes go by largely unnoticed by Kolb while Sarah Palin is doing an extended nat'l publicity tour, denouncing David Letterman?

e g:

"Gov. Palin announced over the weekend that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant. And you thought John Edwards was in trouble before! Now he has really done it." -- "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno," 9/2/08

"I don't think that a young lady getting pregnant should even be news, unless John Edwards is the father. Then that is kinda news." -- "The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson," 9/2/08

"Here's good news, ladies and gentlemen: The Palin family crisis that we were talking about on Sunday and Monday, that has been solved now and, today, the baby is being adopted by Angelina Jolie." -- "The Late Show With David Letterman," 9/2/08

Since when do conservatives...so called champions of non-Gov't interventionist encouraging legislaters to silence comedians...lol....oh yeah....only when it fits your agendas....

tieguy

Banned
If you "knocked up" the girl next door it's not rape, it's getting one pregnant...it's called unprotected consensual sex....only you and the Palin camp have chosen to inject a 14 year old into the equation and use the word rape to support your defense....that's a dangerous word

Oh I see ...The 18 year old was not at the yankee game the 14 year old was. So dave meant what? that A-rod knocked her up telepathetically during the 7th inning.

Please Dies take the high ground on this one and stop making excuses for the old pervert.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This insulting joke was planned, or do you think that all of his material is made up on the spot ?
Some one on his staff had to research the facts and add it to the script.
It was reported in the news just which daughter was with her.
Either way it was insulting to the Palin family, all women, and A-Rod.

diesel96

Oh I see ...The 18 year old was not at the yankee game the 14 year old was. So dave meant what? that A-rod knocked her up telepathetically during the 7th inning.

Please Dies take the high ground on this one and stop making excuses for the old pervert.

This insulting joke was planned, or do you think that all of his material is made up on the spot ?

Send Letterman's 7th ining stretch joke to World Net Daily("The Birthers") Baba and maybe you can start another petition on who the Late Night Host was directing his joke at ....the 14 yr old or the 18 yr old "baby mamma".....I'm sure Hoax would be thrilled.

I think we all already established Letterman's joke was in bad taste...If only the Palin camp gave a sharp response in their defense and been done with it.....But nooooooo.....Now we have the Palin clan conducting an inpromtute week long media blitz, and my BC friends accusing Mr Letterman, who by the way has a stellar clean record, of basically being a pedophile and infusing the word rape for "knocked up"...that is so ir-responsible and in just as bad taste, if not far worse and far more serious than Dave's joke. Who is advising these Alaskans....not to mention allowing Bristol to do a glamourized spread shot in People Magazine with baby in tow:beautiful-female::party:

You know, I don't normally think stuff like this is news worthy, yet when people throw around the word "rape" and pedophilia incinuations thats where I take the higher ground......lighten up people, can't we take a joke anymore? Or are some just :madashell: Mad as hell and can't take it..:throwpc: anymore....

over9five

Staff member
So you're saying if A-Rod had sex with a 14 year old, that would not be statutory rape.

I disagree.

Letterman suggested statutory rape, maybe in fun maybe not. The 14 year old was at the game, the 18 year old was not. Can you AT LEAST agree with that?

I also find your way of refering to the Palins very degrading ("The Clan", "These Alaskans", "that baby mama"). I agree with Tieguy. Diesel, try to take the high road on this one!

over9five

Staff member
Who is advising these Alaskans....not to mention allowing Bristol to do a glamourized spread shot in People Magazine with baby in tow

I don't think I've ever read People magazine. Apparently this ruined that issue for you? Maybe you'll like the next issue better.

Bristol is an 18 year old WOMAN. Why do you suggest someone would have to allow her to do this? She's an adult!

moreluck

golden ticket member
diesel....I hear the next issue is all about Jon & Kate Plus Eight. Will they split? Will they stay together for the kids? Will Jon grow some??

I don't know about you, but I can't wait !!! :wink2:

tieguy

Banned
Send Letterman's 7th ining stretch joke to World Net Daily("The Birthers") Baba and maybe you can start another petition on who the Late Night Host was directing his joke at ....the 14 yr old or the 18 yr old "baby mamma".....I'm sure Hoax would be thrilled.

I don't need a poll on this one squirm artist. The 14 year old was at the yankee game the 18 year old was not. How does it feel to try to take the low ground on this seedy issue?

I think we all already established Letterman's joke was in bad taste...If only the Palin camp gave a sharp response in their defense and been done with it.....But nooooooo.....Now we have the Palin clan conducting an inpromtute week long media blitz, and my BC friends accusing Mr Letterman, who by the way has a stellar clean record, of basically being a pedophile and infusing the word rape for "knocked up"...that is so ir-responsible and in just as bad taste, if not far worse and far more serious than Dave's joke. Who is advising these Alaskans....not to mention allowing Bristol to do a glamourized spread shot in People Magazine with baby in tow:beautiful-female::party:

I didn't see where anyone brought pedophillia into the discussion but since you mentioned it. If a movie producer made a movie with a 14 year old girl having sex with an adult then he would be arrested and charged as such. Letterman making the joke probably does actually link him to a form of verbal pedophillia. Certainly he and his staff planned to have him tell a joke that benifited him on a concept of statatory pedophillia. So yes verbal pedophillia could be a legitimate issue here.

You know, I don't normally think stuff like this is news worthy, yet when people throw around the word "rape" and pedophilia incinuations thats where I take the higher ground......lighten up people, can't we take a joke anymore? Or are some just :madashell: Mad as hell and can't take it..:throwpc: anymore....

Are you kidding me? The liberals have made an organized effort to destroy palins family in an effort to destroy her. They make jokes about a 14 year old get "knocked up" which is a very offensive vulgar term and we are supposed to say he he?

Tell you what Diesel. Start a thread and post a picture of your daughter on it. Then let us start making vulger obscence jokes about her on the thread and lets see how well you take the jokes.

diesel96

So you're saying if A-Rod had sex with a 14 year old, that would not be statutory rape.

I disagree.

Letterman suggested statutory rape, maybe in fun maybe not. The 14 year old was at the game, the 18 year old was not. Can you AT LEAST agree with that?

Nope......The joke just doesn't make any sense or correlation what so ever if it was directed at the 14 year old......it's so obvious...therefore no statutory rape indications...I agree, we disagree.

I also find your way of refering to the Palins very degrading ("The Clan", "These Alaskans", "that baby mama"). I agree with Tieguy. Diesel, try to take the high road on this one!

Oh please......that's mild (Rated G) compared to some of the vicious attacks in here on Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Hillary, Michele, Obama......and the list goes on.....How bout this one, if the Palins win the election in 2012 that would be like the Clampetts moving into The Whitehouse...lol..:wink2:

I don't think I've ever read People magazine. Apparently this ruined that issue for you? Maybe you'll like the next issue better.

Bristol is an 18 year old WOMAN. Why do you suggest someone would have to allow her to do this? She's an adult!

Your naive to think that "Baby Mamma" doesn't get counseling from "Grand MaMa" for every move she makes from here on out.....And now your admitting that Bristol's an adult, so come to think of it, A-Rod would be a nice catch for her.....lol.....ohh lighten up Frances...it's just a joke...:happy-very:

diesel....I hear the next issue is all about Jon & Kate Plus Eight. Will they split? Will they stay together for the kids? Will Jon grow some??

I don't know about you, but I can't wait !!! :wink2:

Did you hear American Chopper meets Jon and Kate......maybe Jon will grow some with a mean ass chopper between his legs...:wink2:

Are you kidding me? The liberals have made an organized effort to destroy palins family in an effort to destroy her. They make jokes about a 14 year old get "knocked up" which is a very offensive vulgar term and we are supposed to say he he?

Tell you what Diesel. Start a thread and post a picture of your daughter on it. Then let us start making vulger obscence jokes about her on the thread and lets see how well you take the jokes.

Tell you what, I couldn't disagree with you more on the whole 14 year old "knocked up" concoction......but since I'm smart enough and responsible enough parent, whether in the public eye or not, would severly limit and or never expose my children in the limelight....Furthermore how bout we take it one step farther and publicly accuse you of pediphlia and wanting to rape a 14 year old on the Today show from telling a tasteless joke.........

The really sad thing is....Letterman's ratings are probably going up with all the controversy.:sad-little:

Same for Lindbaugh......did you hear his latest tirad.......he blames healthcare problems on 'exercise freaks"......lol.....great material

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/6/12/10160/3106

moreluck

golden ticket member
Diesel,

I actually watched the O.C.C. meet Jon & Kate. It was pretty good. Mikey was really on the same level as the kids!! Sr. was pretty cool too.:happy2:

tieguy

Banned
Tell you what, I couldn't disagree with you more on the whole 14 year old "knocked up" concoction......but since I'm smart enough and responsible enough parent, whether in the public eye or not, would severly limit and or never expose my children in the limelight....Furthermore how bout we take it one step farther and publicly accuse you of pediphlia and wanting to rape a 14 year old on the Today show from telling a tasteless joke..

So now you're agreeing with me?

browndevil

Leno made a similar joke last September. Instead of A-Rod he used John Edwards.
I am a Letterman fan. I just thought his "joke" wasn't funny

diesel96

So now you're agreeing with me?

I agree the Palin's should defend their honor......but not make a sideshow out of it...thats all......it's getting habitual with them.

They may be getting an unfair shake by proponents and the media on issue's not pertaining to politics, but how you handle it tells alot if you want to be a serious presidential contender.....