Panel Decisions “On Topic”

Wrapping up after the sup has let most of the PTers go home.
I wrap up every night even before this started. It’s not about making it up on the back side it’s about getting what you believe is owed to you. It’s members like you that we are in the position we are now. Just let management do what they want and then try to make it up. Let me guess you only fight when it effects you and not for the greater good of the Union?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Trivial to you I guess. You must like giving others your money and letting management hold you to different standard than themselves? If your not worried about 2.5 hours per week I’ll send you my address and you can just mail me that part of your check
Dont worry about that scab. He was the safety committee star that got hit by a car while walking across the street because he cant observe and video fellow drivers for the boss and look left right left at the same time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

With that mind set it's not fair higher seniority members pick vacations first every year or get the first pick of a route for bid.

Seniority rules. Damn even @rod understands that and he's been out of UPS since Nixon was president.

I have already expressed my views of the vacation selection process.

I have no idea who that member is.

The whole fight is members are saying hub seniority the company is saying area seniority neither side agrees. It’s another fight going on because some senior members were denied vacation because people in the same “area” already picked the week but a junior employee in another “area” was given that week. We told management that they shouldn’t be selecting vacations until the issue is resolved

PT Car Washer

The whole fight is members are saying hub seniority the company is saying area seniority neither side agrees. It’s another fight going on because some senior members were denied vacation because people in the same “area” already picked the week but a junior employee in another “area” was given that week. We told management that they shouldn’t be selecting vacations until the issue is resolved
At my building that whole battle was decided years ago. Vacations are picked by sort seniority. Where we have FT and PT working together, PT pick with PT and FT pick with FT. Does cause some problems from time to time but not nearly the problems that mismanagement causes daily.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I don't see how this was deadlocked senority prevails all
The company deadlocks grievances hoping the grieving employee will give up or die before it's settled.

If they know they've got to pay it they just stall it as long as possible to be jerks and discourage future grievances. But if you owe them it is extracted immediately.

At my building that whole battle was decided years ago. Vacations are picked by sort seniority. Where we have FT and PT working together, PT pick with PT and FT pick with FT. Does cause some problems from time to time but not nearly the problems that mismanagement causes daily.
That is what we are trying to tell them. With the new contract there are no longer skilled jobs and everyone is classified the same right?