parking brake

Buck Fifty

Are you talking to me? I use my brake I was just curious
I'm glad that you know how I do my job

Yes, you started this thread right. I'm glad to hear you use it. The way you worded your post, it seemed as if you didn't. Here read it again...

Who uses the parking brake on an automatic? I know we are supposed to use it but how many actually do.

See what I mean !

Packmule

I do, especially in snow and ice. Just putting the truck in park locks up only one rear wheel, while the brake locks both rear wheels giving you twice the holding power from a slide away situation.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I do, especially in snow and ice. Just putting the truck in park locks up only one rear wheel, while the brake locks both rear wheels giving you twice the holding power from a slide away situation.

True if you have a vehicle that doesn't have a single park brake on the rear of the transmission.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
The beeping drives you crazy. My 7 the sensor apparently doesn't always register so sometimes it will beep anyways. I stop turn around and reset the break. That's how much the sound will drive you to drink. God only knows how much time that adds up to through out the day. Seems worth it to me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The beeping drives you crazy. My 7 the sensor apparently doesn't always register so sometimes it will beep anyways. I stop turn around and reset the break. That's how much the sound will drive you to drink. God only knows how much time that adds up to through out the day. Seems worth it to me.

If I had to guess the beeping is loud enough it's against OSHA cab noise standards. I've had people 3-4 houses down yell at me to turn it off. Sorry I leave the lights on after dark and just deal with the beeping.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
What's an automatic? I use my handbrake as I pull my two point lap belt over my waist.
8C0448B9-ACF6-4940-BD62-B7FE6ACBAA92-2519-000008AED74C32A3.jpg

Ask your mechanic to replace your lower cushion. That thing is nasty! I never let them get like that.