Where is the alarm speaker in these new trucks?

DOK

4 Philips screws to remove the Gauge Cluster. the regular beep comes from a little speaker close to the right side heat vent. It's easy to find when the Gauge Cluster is pulled back and the hazards on. Put a piece of tape on it. The long beep and the beep when your lights are on come from the back of the Gauge Cluster. You'll notice a small vent on the back that you can put a piece of tape over. I do this to all the package cars I drive. It doesn't get rid of the noise, just makes it tolerable.
Is the speaker setup in such a way that one of those soft foam earplugs could be rolled up and placed inside of it to possibly dampen the noise more than a piece of tape would?

newintown

Is the speaker setup in such a way that one of those soft foam earplugs could be rolled up and placed inside of it to possibly dampen the noise more than a piece of tape would?
Maybe, although when you put your finger over it it doesn't really dampen it much more than a piece of tape. You could jam the end of something sharp into it but I like tape since it doesn't damage anything and works really well.

DOK

That thing is a monster. 7.3 V8
335hp and 468 ft.lbs of torque
I believe we have a few, in p1000 and p800, they have rubber fender flares on the front fenders if I’m not mistaken, most of our new ones are the freightliners. They both drive real nice and are easier to work out of than any truck I’ve had, and I love the fans. I drive the freighliner and am very happy with it.