Part time 4 hour guarantee

Rain Shield

Think the 3.5 guarantee bites? Do the math on your part time Union Dues. Part timer guarantee of 17.5 hours per week, but pay 2.5 hours per month of Union Dues. Full timer guaranteed 40 hours per week and pays 2.5 hours per month in Union Dues. Boy, that sure is fair.

Now, before anyone claims that full timers have a much higher hourly rate, and therefore pay more in Union Dues, hang on just a minute.

A part timer still pays a higher percentage of their pay in Union Dues, but receives less guarantee in hours.

So be sure to thank your Union for making you pay more for less than a full timer making bank every week.

Here is the math.

A part timer pays roughly 3.3% of their monthly guarantee in Union Dues.

A full timer pays roughly 1.4% of their monthly guarantee in Union Dues.

What idiots came up with this method?

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Think the 3.5 guarantee bites? Do the math on your part time Union Dues. Part timer guarantee of 17.5 hours per week, but pay 2.5 hours per month of Union Dues. Full timer guaranteed 40 hours per week and pays 2.5 hours per month in Union Dues. Boy, that sure is fair.

Now, before anyone claims that full timers have a much higher hourly rate, and therefore pay more in Union Dues, hang on just a minute.

A part timer still pays a higher percentage of their pay in Union Dues, but receives less guarantee in hours.

So be sure to thank your Union for making you pay more for less than a full timer making bank every week.

Here is the math.

name me another PT job with contractual raises, free benefits, a pension and 5 weeks paid time off a year? They can gladly have my 3.3%.

Here is the math.

And how about the PTers that make the same hourly wage and in the case of Art 22.3's make a lot higher wage per hour. But the benefits are great.

Rain Shield

name me another PT job with contractual raises, free benefits, a pension and 5 weeks paid time off a year? They can gladly have my 3.3%.

Oh, I see. Since there are no other part time jobs that offer the same total package, the part timer should pay 2.35 times the percentage a full timer pays in Union Dues?

Granted, the compensation package is great for part timers. It is also great for full timers as well.

All I hear from our Union is how the rich get richer. The middle class is loosing ground on the 1%. The rich are making more and paying less.

Well guess what, we are doing the exact same thing to our own. Heck, actually we are doing much worse to our own then what our Union leaders claim our Government is doing to our country.

Those evil rich, are actually our own.

Christine

I searched "Teamsters Sacramento, California" and found you was in local 150 and there number is (916) 392-7070. Call them and tell them your situation.
I called today, said they can't do anything because I'm not a union member as of yet... said management can do what ever they want til my dues are paid then the union will step in. Sucks... my job has already been threatened and I have $75 left to pay off my dues.... I'm so bummed out. I feel like I've been ripped off

dar7776

Banned
I am use to getting 22 hours a week if volume is up, down,20, how ever there are Less Senority Rookies that are on the clock before I clock n an before I leave.Doesnt Matter.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That sucks, not enough differential.
Just another example of Part-timers subsidizing Full-timers.
Not necessarily. I know of several part-timers with over 10 years seniority getting around 25-30 hours a week, some more than 30 if they have over 20 years. I know as a fact that if I go back PT, my hours would be near that 28-30 hours/week threshhold at $22/hr and perhaps a bit of OT.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I called today, said they can't do anything because I'm not a union member as of yet... said management can do what ever they want til my dues are paid then the union will step in. Sucks... my job has already been threatened and I have $75 left to pay off my dues.... I'm so bummed out. I feel like I've been ripped off
If you are not a union member yet...you do not have a 3.5 hour guarantee. If they are threatening to fire you...improve your performance.