Part-time Getting Sent to Different Area - Seniority?

woltr

I signed up for preferred job, now been in small sort 5 months. When I first started I was okay with it since I was at bottom of seniority list. But since a couple employees quit and they added new employees I moved up the seniority list quite a bit. They keep sending me to help other areas even though I have more seniority than new employees. Recently we also get 2-3 double shifters a couple days a week that is making us overstaffed. I always work as directed.

Do I have grounds for grievance?

The only thing I see is this in Western Supplement:
ARTICLE 4 - SENIORITY
SECTION 3 - RECOGNITION OF SENIORITY The Employer recognizes that the principles of seniority shall be given prime consideration in the every day operation of the business.

And this in SOUTHWEST PACKAGE RIDER:
SECTION 1 – RECOGNITION The Employer recognizes that the principles of seniority shall be given prime consideration in the everyday operation of the business.

Western Region Supplement
Southwest Package and Sort Rider

wilberforce15

I signed up for preferred job, now been in small sort 5 months. When I first started I was okay with it since I was at bottom of seniority list. But since a couple employees quit and they added new employees I moved up the seniority list quite a bit. They keep sending me to help other areas even though I have more seniority than new employees. Recently we also get 2-3 double shifters a couple days a week that is making us overstaffed. I always work as directed.

Do I have grounds for grievance?

The only thing I see is this in Western Supplement:
ARTICLE 4 - SENIORITY
SECTION 3 - RECOGNITION OF SENIORITY The Employer recognizes that the principles of seniority shall be given prime consideration in the every day operation of the business.

And this in SOUTHWEST PACKAGE RIDER:
SECTION 1 – RECOGNITION The Employer recognizes that the principles of seniority shall be given prime consideration in the everyday operation of the business.

Western Region Supplement
Southwest Package and Sort Rider
You can solve the problem yourself.

Do the other jobs so badly that they don't want you to do them.

wilberforce15

Seniority is only good for asking for days off and picking vacation weeks.
Everything else is Work as Directed.
It would be a shame if working this other task was more difficult physically, and he expressed to his manager that he might have to see a doctor about his back if he continues the other task.

wilberforce15

The company officially endorses insurance fraud, convincing hourlies every day to go home when hurt, take a few free days off, wait some more, then maybe file on their own insurance. This is daily activity to keep injuries off their books.

I didn't say to commit insurance fraud.

I said to express concern about possible injury at the task. I didn't tell him to go to a doctor. I mentioned he might express that sentiment.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The company officially endorses insurance fraud, convincing hourlies every day to go home when hurt, take a few free days off, wait some more, then maybe file on their own insurance. This is daily activity to keep injuries off their books.

I didn't say to commit insurance fraud.

I said to express concern about possible injury at the task. I didn't tell him to go to a doctor. I mentioned he might express that sentiment.

Keep back pedaling you look more and more ignorant with each post

wilberforce15

Don’t make 2 :censored2:s to me what you say chief I’am just here for the laughs
And you give me plenty
2400945-Marie-Corelli-Quote-What-a-fool-cannot-learn-he-laughs-at-thinking.jpg

wilberforce15

Wrong again. @burrheadd doesn’t work long hours. He actually works less than you.
Nobody works less than me.

Even retirees.

Do you see how I used the objective pronoun (me) instead of the correct implied subjective pronoun, as in ,"nobody works less than I (do)"? That's how I relate to the common people. I speak their language.

I assume you mean he's a retiree. That's even more reason for jealousy. He's already spent 40 years in a truck.

542thruNthru

Nobody works less than me.

Even retirees.

Do you see how I used the objective pronoun (me) instead of the correct implied subjective pronoun, as in ,"nobody works less than I (do)"? That's how I relate to the common people. I speak their language.

I assume you mean he's a retiree. That's even more reason for jealousy. He's already spent 40 years in a truck.
15b832e1ea46c274dd1a20fde5d7477d.gif