Part time health insurance?

eastlos

I'm a part timer with Aetna as my ppo. I confused about the 250 deductible. Do you have to pay that only if visiting an out of network dr. or also an in-network dr.?

#1angelfan

call the insurance company. the number is on the back of the card. i have blue shield and i do not have a deductable, not sure about aetna though. call them and they will answer all of your questions.

eastlos

Yea I'm gonna do that in a while. The reason I'm asking is that I went for a physical a while back. When I checked the aetna website there were two claims. One from the doctor and one from lab they sent my blood to. The claim for the dr was not paid because the year was messed up and said 2006. The claim for the lab was not paid because it says my deductible is 250 and that I have to pay the deductible plus 20% of whatever is over that because it is lab services.
Oh man I miss having Kaiser.

FAVREFAN

Yea I'm gonna do that in a while. The reason I'm asking is that I went for a physical a while back. When I checked the aetna website there were two claims. One from the doctor and one from lab they sent my blood to. The claim for the dr was not paid because the year was messed up and said 2006. The claim for the lab was not paid because it says my deductible is 250 and that I have to pay the deductible plus 20% of whatever is over that because it is lab services.
Oh man I miss having Kaiser.
If they let you switch, I would switch to the Blue Cross Ins. It is way, way better than the Aetna option. $10 co-pay rather than the 20%. Not sure about what happens with the new ins. from the new contract. Hope I can keep my Blue Cross. This is one thing that I really am very thankful for that UPS does for me/us. My insurance is better than my brothers ins and he has a masters making $125,000 per yr. I'm part-time! :happy-very: