part time pension credits?

D

driver's wife

my husband works in wisconsin. has been with UPS for 28 years full time and 5 years part time (back in the 70's).
does anyone know if you get any pension credits for the part time years?
can't wait until he gets out of that home-wrecker of a job!!

Keepingthemhonest

Bring'n sexy back
It is unfortunate that the job causes such stress at the home...as far as I know, part time years count towards fulltime years on a 50% basis(2 years pt = 1 year ft), however to gain credit you must have worked a certain amount of hours and be 21 years of age (I am not 100% sure about this topic due to the fact I am only 20 and don't care about these sort of things at the momment)...furthermore if you plan on retirement with a teamsters pension (especially the central states fund) good luck...you pratically have to be 62ish regardless of years of service. It used to be something like 20 and out...now it's atleast 20 with reaching an age limit. Personally I desire to go driving asap, drive for 20 years or so then bid into feeders or a combo job so I can have a family life and quit dating girls from the strip joint

rod

Retired 22 years
It is unfortunate that the job causes such stress at the home...as far as I know, part time years count towards fulltime years on a 50% basis(2 years pt = 1 year ft), however to gain credit you must have worked a certain amount of hours and be 21 years of age (I am not 100% sure about this topic due to the fact I am only 20 and don't care about these sort of things at the momment)...furthermore if you plan on retirement with a teamsters pension (especially the central states fund) good luck...you pratically have to be 62ish regardless of years of service. It used to be something like 20 and out...now it's atleast 20 with reaching an age limit. Personally I desire to go driving asap, drive for 20 years or so then bid into feeders or a combo job so I can have a family life and quit dating girls from the strip joint
family life and dating strippers are one and the same - either way you have to constantly feed them dollars.

Re: APWA Update: Indianapolis, Ind. Center

Part time pension is run by the company.Its a separate pension.$40 a month for each year of service payable @ age 65.

Home Life

I only have one question, after he quits the job what will you blame for your bad marriage?:w00t:

dillweed

Re: Home Life

yep, pt pension is through the company and ft pension is through the union. If your husband worked long enough to become vested (not sure how many years that is) he should have a little something in the pot. Have him check with HR or union rep on it. dw

30andout

yep, pt pension is through the company and ft pension is through the union. If your husband worked long enough to become vested (not sure how many years that is) he should have a little something in the pot. Have him check with HR or union rep on it. dw
Not true, I have 12 years friend/t clerk that is through UPS that they are trying to screw me out of.

dillweed

whoa, now that I've never heard of. Not that ups would screw someone but that clerk pension is through the company. Best of luck getting that straightened out!

I have heard that our clerks get messed with a lot as far as job bids and so forth. Mabye it's a grey area that ups keeps that way on purpose? nah.... dw