Part-time pension

35years

Gravy route
School me. I need to get this clear.
I plan on going ft later this year. But they did tell me i wouldnt be able to collect from the pt pension in the future.
Need to be vested...5 years part time before going full time.
You also need to have worked a certain amount of hours each one of those years...
How much you get will depend on which years you worked.

It wont be much compared to the full time pension, just a little extra each month on top of the full time pension.

You also need to have worked a certain amount of hours each one of those years...

It wont be much compared to the full time pension, just a little extra each month on top of the full time pension.
If you stay employed with your company and your contributions stop prior to being vested. Some pensions will count non contributory years towards vesting.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How is the humidity in Tampa???? I’ve been to Florida a few times and the humidity compared to the west coast was RIDICULOUS!!!
I've lived near Atlanta all my life, I'm used to humidity. Since I will be retired, I won't be moving around as much. I'm not worried about hurricanes either, tornados come near here too. I want to get away from steps too, I live in a two-story house on the side of a hill. Being near the Gulf of Mexico and a large city with restaurants and entertainment appeal to me also.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I've lived near Atlanta all my life, I'm used to humidity. Since I will be retired, I won't be moving around as much. I'm not worried about hurricanes either, tornados come near here too. I want to get away from steps too, I live in a two-story house on the side of a hill. Being near the Gulf of Mexico and a large city with restaurants and entertainment appeal to me also.
I hope it works out for you bud... you deserve it!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Did you have any other states in mind to move to besides Florida???

35years

Gravy route
That's why I put "Good Friend" in the post, I've personally known him for over thirty years. He doesn't need the money, the Fowler family used to own about half of our town. He said it looks like I can retire now if I want to. He thinks cashing out a pension if possible would be a better option for investment purposes in the long run.
Scratch.
I have to agree with IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U
Paying for a financial adviser's time is universally recommended. Someone who is not selling you something.

That being said, here is a free extensive calculator including inputs for fixed pension, 401K, traditional and Roth IRA, mortgage equity and other assets...
Play around with it, if you input a lot of financial data it will give you a good feel for when you can retire...

How long will your money last? How should you allocate your assets? Use our tools to help solve your retirement questions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Also useful...
Vanguard - Retirement income calculator

Here is a quick calculator for Social Security benefits...
Quick Calculator

More in depth Social Security calculators are available here...
Benefit Calculators

Retirement Estimator | Social Security Administration

Quick calculator specific to the individual...
Information We Need, Verify Your Identity, Social Security

Delaying SS till after normal retirement age?...
Delayed Retirement Credits | Social Security Administration

Retiring and collecting SS early?
Simple calculator to see how much it will cost you...
Early or Late Retirement

SS Q and A...
Press for Maximize My Social Security | Maximize My Social Security

AARP has a quick calculator that takes into account pensions and shows when, and how much, you will need to draw from a 401K...
AARP Retirement Calculator - Retire The Way You Want - AARP

Last edited:

Re-Raise

I have 7 yrs vested part-time and received a letter from UPS saying I would get $385 a month. I have 7 working days until I hit 25 yrs full-time. I still don’t know if I receive the extra $385 immediately or not.