Part Time Retirement Questions

PT Car Washer

I guess I should say there is not a 6% reduction for each year before 65, if you take one the 25, 30, or 35 and out.
From what I understand this effects FT employees who have a lot of PT years when they retire. Trying to combine (example) 15 PT years and 20 FT years for a 35 year pension at 55 years old. Many Art 22.3 thought they would receive a 35 year FT pension. Most are still working long past when they could have retired with a PT pension.

saintrick

I am not sure what reciprocal agreements the part time plan has with the various teamster full-time plans but with the full-time ibt/ups plan they can still retire at 25/30/35.

from the ibt/ups plan
Q10: If I worked for five years as a UPS part-timer covered by the UPS Pension Plan and another 25 years as a UPS driver, how would the pension be paid from the UPS/IBT Plan?
A: Since you have combined service of 30 years, you will qualify for a 30-Year Partial Service Pension from both the UPS Pension Plan and the UPS/IBT Plan. The UPS Pension Plan will pay you 5/30 of its 30-Year Service Pension that was applicable at the time you left that plan, and the new Plan will pay you 25/30 of its Service Pension.
http://www.ibtupspensionfund.ups.com/IBT_QA.htm#top