I've had a 401K since its inception . Awhile back I moved everything into the stable value fund. I'm making about 2.5%. I'm looking at the Bright Horizon Options. Anyone Know what these plans are invested in ? I know i could have started drawing at 59.5 . If I put it in the 2050 could I start drawing just that interest per year? If not here , where do I look for the answers?

fishtm2001

I've had a 401K since its inception . Awhile back I moved everything into the stable value fund. I'm making about 2.5%. I'm looking at the Bright Horizon Options. Anyone Know what these plans are invested in ? I know i could have started drawing at 59.5 . If I put it in the 2050 could I start drawing just that interest per year? If not here , where do I look for the answers?
You need to have at least a third in the S&P imo

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U help him

DriverNerd

They change based on how close they get to the target date. The ones farthest away are very aggressive and the ones with a closer target date are safer. It changes allocations along the way.

Up In Smoke

Most banks are offering 4.5% or greater on money markets with balances greater then 25K. Rolling your 401K into a brokerage account simple IRA would be a reasonable thing to do. You could invest yourself and deposit/withdraw funds electronically whenever you need to. Never a bad idea to consult a wealth manager and or an accountant for advice.

Most banks are offering 4.5% or greater on money markets with balances greater then 25K. Rolling your 401K into a brokerage account simple IRA would be a reasonable thing to do. You could invest yourself and deposit/withdraw funds electronically whenever you need to. Never a bad idea to consult a wealth manager and or an accountant for advice.
Thanks Up in Smoke. I had some investment guys on the boat this fall. They suggested the same. Rollover . I have a small Edward Jones account with a friend. I'll probably get with her to discuss it. If I could get 4.5 - 5 % , I could live off the interest.

Up In Smoke

Thanks Up in Smoke. I had some investment guys on the boat this fall. They suggested the same. Rollover . I have a small Edward Jones account with a friend. I'll probably get with her to discuss it. If I could get 4.5 - 5 % , I could live off the interest.
I'm retiring in April and have maintained my own retirement accounts from the first dollar. It is truly nothing to be afraid of. Gl.

Brown Down

Greg Kerwood has a group on facebook for 401k questions and advice. alot of great advice on there. i suggest asking those questions there.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Are we talking about rolling a traditional 401k into a Roth IRA, if so do you still take that 20 % federal tax hit on any withdrawals?

Over70irregs

You need to have at least a third in the S&P imo
Ignore Black squares. Seriously.
1707453877214.png