Part time retirement

I get a separate check of $278.86 a month for 8.25 years of part-time work. I retired at 62 and was penalized 18%, they don't even tax it. I get most of my money from 37 years of full-time, Central States and IBT/UPS Plans. My gross total is over $4800 a month.
I'm trying to make the decision how long I can actually put up with this crap.

If I work to another five or six years my pension will be really solid but I don't think I want to do it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm trying to make the decision how long I can actually put up with this crap.

If I work to another five or six years my pension will be really solid but I don't think I want to do it.
Just do it
Nobody that’s retired said “I wished I would have worked longer “ especially at a pain in the ass job like ups

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I get a separate check of $278.86 a month for 8.25 years of part-time work. I retired at 62 and was penalized 18%, they don't even tax it. I get most of my money from 37 years of full-time, Central States and IBT/UPS Plans. My gross total is over $4800 a month.

Long story short I got to be taking some big penalties.

That damn 6 % penalty...the management pension plan only had a 3 % penalty applied before age 65. Of course they were in charge of both trusts.

That damn 6 % penalty...the management pension plan only had a 3 % penalty applied before age 65. Of course they were in charge of both trusts.
I'm very fortunate part of my plan that has zero penalties the other part of my plan has a 6% and when you add them up that's a lot of money.

I don't want to retire then have to get another job to pay the bills, if I get another job it's just because I want to get out of the house and have them with a pocket money

Brownwind

I'm very fortunate part of my plan that has zero penalties the other part of my plan has a 6% and when you add them up that's a lot of money.

I don't want to retire then have to get another job to pay the bills, if I get another job it's just because I want to get out of the house and have them with a pocket money
It’s rough for the guys who started in their teens. Choose wisely because a few mistakes can eat away at your savings and 401k Hard to get back

cachmeifucan

Why do they penalize it 18% if u got 37 ft

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Why do they penalize it 18% if u got 37 ft
I took my part-time pension three years before I turn 65, so I was penalized 6% a year. There wasn't much difference so I applied the same time I put in for my full-time pension. You can get all of your full-time pension at age 55, I'm in the Southern Supplemental. I think there are about a dozen pension plans across the country, there is no "Peer 80" language here.