Part time retirement

Overpaid Union Thug

That's a long time brother
It normally doesn’t take that long. We had a ton of runner and gunner full timers during the time I should have been able to get hired. And a manager that absolutely hated hiring more drivers came on board about that time. So that delayed things for some of us. And I spent my first couple of years in a hub with a much longer average wait than that so it could have been worse.

It normally doesn’t take that long. We had a ton of runner and gunner full timers during the time I should have been able to get hired. And a manager that absolutely hated hiring more drivers came on board about that time. So that delayed things for some of us. And I spent my first couple of years in a hub with a much longer average wait than that so it could have been worse.
So how many years do you plan on working at this place?

Overpaid Union Thug

So how many years do you plan on working at this place?
I have as little as seven years left as of October 1st. How far I go after that depends on whether or not we can reign in Bidenflation and/or if we can avoid electing similar clowns between now and then. The next contract SHOULD be settled right before I’ve earned thirty years of credit so I SHOULD be able to take advantage of the contractual bump in pension payments and leave then. In addition to the 2023 contractual bump. But I look at it as an inflation adjustment.

I have as little as seven years left as of October 1st. How far I go after that depends on whether or not we can reign in Bidenflation and/or if we can avoid electing similar clowns between now and then. The next contract SHOULD be settled right before I’ve earned thirty years of credit so I SHOULD be able to take advantage of the contractual bump in pension payments and leave then.
I'm a little leery about that next contract
UPS package, mechanics, and airlines contracts all expire the same time
Also management contributions will cease at the time also

Dark_Team_135

Exactly, apparently the company controls the part time pensions and the union carries The retire health insurance, emailed ups retirement department a couple of weeks ago sent me back an estimate saying I had 24.75 years of service and 26 vested years of service, my 25 year anniversary was back in August, The letter said I wasn’t going to hit 25 years of service until after the first of the year, and yes it’s been very confusing might have something to do with me working here before I was 21 I’m assuming that time doesn’t count towards your retirement, I’ve been calling around a while now when I have time, hopefully I’ll have my ducks in a row by the first of the year so I can go ahead and put in my paperwork!
What is the email address to the UPS Retiremant Department to find out what the have on record for your part-time years of service and estimate of pension amount? We used to be able to ask someone in HR locally, but they got rid of them lol.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I sent in my paperwork 2nd day. I mailed a form they sent me that I missed a question on and they never got it, I overnighted it next time.

Corporate has (stonewalling) down to a fine art.

Never expect a clear answer on the first attempt..

Never, never call them: still expecting a call back from 20 years ago, everybody was out to lunch. 👹

One if the many reasons why they decided to eliminate that department (HR)...