Part time seniority right to bid on part time jobs

Have you tried speaking with your manager about this? Or just part time kids? I'd talk with him before grieving. It may cause unnecessary harassment for a while, but the contract protects you from that too. Just keep your 36 inches of clearance for awhile. It sounds like your place sucks man I'm sorry to hear.

Stop by your local before you do anything.

EvlJedi

Have you tried speaking with your manager about this? Or just part time kids? I'd talk with him before grieving. It may cause unnecessary harassment for a while, but the contract protects you from that too. Just keep your 36 inches of clearance for awhile. It sounds like your place sucks man I'm sorry to hear.

Stop by your local before you do anything.
I have spoken with the center manager and of course he says he is god (figuratively not literally) and I have to jump as high as he says to. Our center does suck and is not ran properly at all. Our center runs about 45 trucks on average every day, so I guess being a small center does not help either. I am going to call the local union and see if I can get further answers.

Small center.. ugh.. I know your pain too. Grieve every day. It's gonna put a target on your back for awhile but friend* them, maybe your center manager will go **** himself.

We got a guy who, to put it nicely, is kind of slow. He's awkward and there's something wrong, poor guy. Nicest dude in the world. He's been there longer than any other part timer and can do any job in the building so they let him do what he wants. One of our hardest workers.

I'm so glad our steward is great and union just as fantastic. I wouldn't have a job right now for one, and the other for backing me up on site.

45 cars so you guys do what, 10k pieces light day but lately 12k?

That size center was too close for comfort for me.

And you're not kidding yourself right, you actually are great at the jobs that you want?

EvlJedi

45 cars so you guys do what, 10k pieces light day but lately 12k?

That size center was too close for comfort for me.

And you're not kidding yourself right, you actually are great at the jobs that you want?
Yeah, I would say that piece count is about right.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Are you trying to help or just trolling?
Neither, just stating facts. You come here only when you're getting screwed, no idea on where to go to a union meeting, nevermind the fact you don't even have the phone number.

You aren't involved because it hasn't effected you up until this point and blame your stewards for not caring, but haven't even looked at why they don't. It's because of guys like you.

EvlJedi

He's being honest. How in the hell have you been here over a decade and don't know what to do?
Its called asking for guidance. I have an idea of what to do but want to be sure. Smart bottom comments and such do not help. Kind of along the same lines as think before you speak. Well I need to read and ask before I write a grievance and put the wrong shhhhhh in it. Then where do I get if I do it wrong? Plus it was not always this bad. We recently had a new pre load supervisor come in less then a year ago and really started messing things up. Plus for the first 6 or 7 years I was the low man so not much complaining could be done, you just had to do it and I didnt Bittttt about it.

EvlJedi

Neither, just stating facts. You come here only when you're getting screwed, no idea on where to go to a union meeting, nevermind the fact you don't even have the phone number.

You aren't involved because it hasn't effected you up until this point and blame your stewards for not caring, but haven't even looked at why they don't. It's because of guys like you.
You speak and defend that which you do not know. Quite honestly, no one cares until it effects them. In my case with this I am fighting for more people then just me. This is not just about me, it is about everyone on the preload!!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Its called asking for guidance. I have an idea of what to do but want to be sure. Smart bottom comments and such do not help. Kind of along the same lines as think before you speak. Well I need to read and ask before I write a grievance and put the wrong shhhhhh in it. Then where do I get if I do it wrong? Plus it was not always this bad. We recently had a new pre load supervisor come in less then a year ago and really started messing things up. Plus for the first 6 or 7 years I was the low man so not much complaining could be done, you just had to do it and I didnt Bittttt about it.
And that's why you go to union meetings, talk to your stewards, and call your BA. But instead you slam your stewards for not caring about your one problem, where were you at the last meeting, or any meeting for that matter.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You speak and defend that which you do not know. Quite honestly, no one cares until it effects them. In my case with this I am fighting for more people then just me. This is not just about me, it is about everyone on the preload!!
I know you don't have the phone number, where to attend a meeting, or what to do. That's enough for me to know you're not involved nor have been. Good luck to you and the next contract.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Quite honestly, no one cares until it effects them
Wrong, that's exactly the mentality of someone who only cares about themselves.

Example, when I file on preload sups loading trucks, does that effect me in any way, no. It's because they should staff and hire more PT guys to complete the work or allow the current ones more hours to do their job. I get nothing out of it besides a little money but the idea is to uphold the contract. When's the last time you filed on sups loading trucks taking hours away from your own group?

Please tell me you've never seen sups loading trucks in the 11 years you've been there

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You do not know me. You could not be any more incorrect. You do not know my center or who I have to deal with/ dealt with over the years.
Yet you come here stating facts I just presented to you that you can't refute. Your posts prove my point, you don't need to say anything about yourself, you did in the first post.

EvlJedi

Right. The first post is asking for help. Not asking for insults that I did not know what to do and that it is my fault and that I am the problem.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Smart bottom comments. Lmao @Integrity that you?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

That's complete Bull :censored2:.

I pissed off my BA good last contract fighting for part timers pay. Doesn't effect me one bit but they are my teamster brothers and sisters Same as a full timer.

542thruNthru

Ok he was out of line blaming his Shop Steward and should remember that. Let's try and move on. He's also a member that is asking for information.

Someone posted your local # earlier (504) 945-3152. Call your local ask for your BA (business agent). Explain what's going on and ask what you can do about it. Try to remember that unwarranted comments about your steward are ill-advised.

This is the best advice I believe you will get with this problem.