Part-time shifter?

local804

I agree with you 804, in my building it's the same thing, they think their $h%t don't stink..

The funny thing about it is they used to be one of us. I understand when a driver goes into supervision that they go to brainwash school but these guys were never sent there.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
The funny thing about it is they used to be one of us. I understand when a driver goes into supervision that they go to brainwash school but these guys were never sent there.

you talk as if pkg drivers don't **** on each other. maybe we are from different part of the country, thus the total different experience. Here in california, it is alway the pkg drivers that lacks the Etiquette in the yard.

amclain

you can find the answer to your question about part-time shifters in ARticle 22 and 49, 59(pay rates of pay). Disregard that fool package car driver, who claims shifters are crazy operators of motor vehicle. Package Car drivers fail to realize that shifters are important to the operation of the HUbs, and centers. Furthermore, why are so many package car drivers will sell their wives, mothers, girlfriends to prosituation in order to gained a job within the feeder operations.

gandydancer

you can find the answer to your question about part-time shifters in ARticle 22 and 49, 59(pay rates of pay)...

OK, NM 22-1(a) says no pt driving other than Air(NM 40). That seems clear enough...except that it appears it is overridden by riders and addendums, since there apparently ARE pt shifters. But NM only goes up to 45. What's this "49,59" business? Are you talking about a rider? Which?

Sry to sound off topic although this question might be slightly related...How good are UPS benefits...and do you have to meet specific requirements for the tuition assistance?

Overpaid Union Thug

My opinion is shifter drivers are the worst. They have no respect for other drivers in the yard and never signal which direction they intend to go in. The look on their face is essentially the same where I'm from. And that is : "I'm a miserable old man(or woman) who has worked this yard a hell of a lot longer than you and I have the right of way no matter who's life is at stake. You package drivers are trying to make it through the yard to get home to your family. I just started my shift and will be here for the next 10 hours so I must cut you off to show you my superior seniority" (Sarcasim intended)

I saw allot of that when I worked in a hub. It wasn't limited to shifters though. I got a kick out of the guys/gals in the hub that were quite content with working as slow as possible because they felt that their high seniority should dictate the level of effort they should have to put into their jobs. That is...when they actually showed up for work. They apparently thought their seniority gave them the right to only come to work when they felt like it. LOL. I definately have seen such attitudes among drivers as well but the amount of drivers with that attitude doesn't compare to the amount there are in the hubs.

Just thought i would add my penny worth fro the UK. We call them shunters (shifters) Yes and they do think they own the hub/yard that they are driving in. They do a good job, but woe anybody that gets in there way. Most are ex feeder drivers. A lot where package car drivers that had the chance to opt over to feeder( some could not cut it as package car drivers)

fastpaul

shifters do the best work out in the yard , they are in the outdoors element, it is hot, cold , wet, and yes we put all the loads up on the doors so everybody can do there work , and yes for the pay we get over feeder drivers, we do think we own the yard, ihave seen feeder driver back-up trialors , and they are very slow, and lousy

thanks--fastpaul