Part time skilled pay language

Time for change

some are saying current loaders that are getting skilled pay will be red circled, can someone that is saying that point me to the language of red circling? Looks to me like a bunch of part timers could get a decrease in pay instead of a catch up raise.

Days

It is a decrease in pay but at the same time it's not. Contract doesn't say anything about red circled.

mikejonesjr

Nobody is losing their extra sort dollar if they are getting it currently. All positions are now considered skilled it said in the language and starting at $13. Why do you keep repeating it

mikejonesjr

So then all unskilled part timers will get an extra dollar? I’m just not seeing this language.
No. It plainly says part time CURRENTLY EARNING less than $13 will receive increase to at least that. If the GWI added to the employees CURRENT RATE exceeds $13 you will receive the higher wage. Its all based off of what you earn currently. If you earn $13 or more currently you will get the GWI, if you making $12.30 or less you will get $13 flat. The skill pay tier no longer will be a thing and your current rate going into the new contract will dictate wether you go up to $13 or get GWI. Very simple

Time for change

Oh Mike you realize there are skilled part timers making more than that? So what will a current unskilled part timer making $18 an hour make and a current skilled part timer making $18. Let’s see the language, not talking about those at $13 and under.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
(e) Seniority part-time employees who are receiving an hourly rate higher than set forth above in Section (b), as a result of a Market Rate Adjustment, shall not have their hourly rate reduced due to the implementation of this Article.

Basically, if you are skilled, and making the extra dollar already, you won't lose anything. Their gift to you, is that you get to keep what you already had.

mikejonesjr

Oh Mike you realize there are skilled part timers making more than that? So what will a current unskilled part timer making $18 an hour make and a current skilled part timer making $18. Let’s see the language, not talking about those at $13 and under.
They will both get the same GWI. Both $18.70

mikejonesjr

Here you go. Under part time wages section (e) "Seniority part-time employees who are receiving an hourly rate higher than set forth above in Section (b), as a result of a Market Rate Adjustment, shall not have their hourly rate reduced due to the implementation of this Article." Soooo aka if your making a higher rate due to prior skilled position you keep it, call it red circled if you want. Everyone keeps their current rate going into the contract nobody gains or loses their already had extra dollar due to doing away with skilled positions.

Time for change

Got it, red circled. So if a 15 year guy moves to skilled position and he was previously unskilled, he will make a dollar less than the 15 year guy he is working next to that is red circled. Lame

mikejonesjr

Then there is red circle language, how could they remove skill pay and unskilled and skilled stay the same? Mathematically impossible
They are not removing skill pay. They are removing the term "skilled or unskilled pay" going forward into the next contract. Thats what you are not understanding. Your current rate will be your current rate regardless if you were making $18 skilled or $18 unskilled. They will both just be making $18.

Time for change

No I get it, and it’s absurd as I pointed out that means an unskilled person with 15 years now that moves to skilled will be a dollar short of a current skilled person with exact same seniority date and exact same job. Not cool

mikejonesjr

No I get it, and it’s absurd as I pointed out that means an unskilled person with 15 years now that moves to skilled will be a dollar short of a current skilled person with exact same seniority date and exact same job. Not cool
Guess so. But to be fair they could have worked the skilled job for the extra dollar if they wanted it while it was available. Also could say going forward its not cool that new people working preload will make the same as the other shifts. Oh well

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
some are saying current loaders that are getting skilled pay will be red circled, can someone that is saying that point me to the language of red circling? Looks to me like a bunch of part timers could get a decrease in pay instead of a catch up raise.
if u got it, you will keep it. Your grandfathered in

Time for change

And others are grandfathered into never making that extra dollar. So if my position is removed and I now load I’ll make a dollar less than the person with the exact same seniority date doing the exact same job. That’s what happens when corrupt buffoons with low intellect negotiate against smarter people.