Part Time Sup Grace period?

13Dart

Hey I already had a thread about this but didn't really get a straight answer. I'll try to keep it brief but basically, we had a part time driver of 7 years decide to go to school and went to preload sup for help paying for college. Something happened at home and he financially couldn't swing it. He had only preload supervised for 3 days when he the problem came up. He ended up going right back where he was before as if he never left. Kept seniority and everything. Is there a trial period for current part time employees to move back to driving after trying supervision in case it doesnt work?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Usually they’re trained while the process runs through. Isn’t a simple click and they’re in management. Takes a week or two.

13Dart

Usually they’re trained while the process runs through. Isn’t a simple click and they’re in management. Takes a week or two.
Oh. So there isn't a trial period per say then? I know he is happy to be back to driving. Think it wasn't a good fit and an emergency came up at home...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hey I already had a thread about this but didn't really get a straight answer. I'll try to keep it brief but basically, we had a part time driver of 7 years decide to go to school and went to preload sup for help paying for college. Something happened at home and he financially couldn't swing it. He had only preload supervised for 3 days when he the problem came up. He ended up going right back where he was before as if he never left. Kept seniority and everything. Is there a trial period for current part time employees to move back to driving after trying supervision in case it doesnt work?
I would start filing grievances for him as a supervisor working daily.
If he wants to go back, he starts over seniority-wise.

WorkingAsDirected

giphy (1).gif

He is no longer a Teamster?

That's what happens when you accept a position with management.

Where am I losing you?
Once a teamster, always a teamster. Isn’t that why you get a withdrawal card?

Besides, you don’t know what really happened. Too often teamsters are screening other teamsters and blaming mgmt.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Once a teamster, always a teamster. Isn’t that why you get a withdrawal card?
Not quite, perhaps you are thinking of the Marines?

A withdraw card stops the monthly dues process and ensures you won't have to pay another initiation fee if you return to another Teamster's Union shop.

A withdraw card does not entitled you to come and go at UPS as a bargaining unit employee without loss of seniority and other benefits.
It does however protect you in regards to your vested pension for a period of time in most cases of multi and single employer funds.
Besides, you don’t know what really happened. Too often teamsters are screening other teamsters and blaming mgmt.
Thanks Captain Obvious?

I know you are new here and are wearing the scab label proudly, but to point out something like this in an anonymous internet forum is redundant and reeks of desperation to deflect from a baseless position.

All stories like these, in this arena, are taken at face value and discussed as true, until a contradiction or obvious false fact is revealed.

If you can't accept that, you're wasting your time here.