Part Time Sup Grace period?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Hey I already had a thread about this but didn't really get a straight answer. I'll try to keep it brief but basically, we had a part time driver of 7 years decide to go to school and went to preload sup for help paying for college. Something happened at home and he financially couldn't swing it. He had only preload supervised for 3 days when he the problem came up. He ended up going right back where he was before as if he never left. Kept seniority and everything. Is there a trial period for current part time employees to move back to driving after trying supervision in case it doesnt work?
How does this affect you?

13Dart

My guess is that he was posting in the 3rd person???
No I was just curious simply because I was under the impression that there was no going back. It wouldn't make much sense to post this in the third person since this person was able to go back driving. I wouldn't have cared about a grace period if I was the one that got back in after three days. Like I said before, I'm newer and thought I'd bring it up. What's funny is how this post required such a dimple yes or no answer and yet just about everyone was unable to answer it. Instead just whined about how it shouldn't be allowed. It definitely doesn't affect you so what's the point? Like I said before, I'm glad it worked out for him since he got into a bind right after accepting it. He was only doing it for schooling purposes... at least that's what I think anyways.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No I was just curious simply because I was under the impression that there was no going back. It wouldn't make much sense to post this in the third person since this person was able to go back driving. I wouldn't have cared about a grace period if I was the one that got back in after three days. Like I said before, I'm newer and thought I'd bring it up. What's funny is how this post required such a dimple yes or no answer and yet just about everyone was unable to answer it. Instead just whined about how it shouldn't be allowed. It definitely doesn't affect you so what's the point? Like I said before, I'm glad it worked out for him since he got into a bind right after accepting it. He was only doing it for schooling purposes... at least that's what I think anyways.
The longer you're a Teamster, the more you will realize there is rarely a "simple yes or no answer".

Ya Dad

Gimme me more characters so that I finish this se
Why would anyone want to be a pt sup?

Because in most cases they just started at the company and they don't know any better. I hear a lot of new guys say they're going in for the college reimbursement and that they don't plan on staying with the company after they get their degree...then 5 years go by and they've long since dropped out of college and they're still PT Sups.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Because in most cases they just started at the company and they don't know any better. I hear a lot of new guys say they're going in for the college reimbursement and that they don't plan on staying with the company after they get their degree...then 5 years go by and they've long since dropped out of college and they're still PT Sups.
Worked out pretty damn well for me.