Part time sup hours will be cut, no more over 5 hours

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UNu7DUOKhmoP.gif

lurker123

Looks like they are cutting back their hours a bit but giving them a raise so less hours and same pay??? What’s not to like about that
A few months ago they told part time supervisors they understood the concern regarding the narrowing gap between pt supervisors pay and hourly new hires, and that it would be addressed. Ultimately, they gave the same merit increase as any other year and called it an enhancement.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
A few months ago they told part time supervisors they understood the concern regarding the narrowing gap between pt supervisors pay and hourly new hires, and that it would be addressed. Ultimately, they gave the same merit increase as any other year and called it an enhancement.
The ol’ “enhancements” dog and pony show.

lurker123

So 5 hours of being useless instead of 5.5 hours of being useless?
The PT supervisor role and the potential for advancement that went along with it was misrepresented. Two options were presented to me-stay in my current position as a loader for 12 years until I get high enough on the seniority list to bid for a driver position, or immediately get promoted and immediately be eligible for a full time management position. The second option also included an immediate 60% increase in pay. I'm not looking for sympathy, just providing some perspective.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The PT supervisor role and the potential for advancement that went along with it was misrepresented. Two options were presented to me-stay in my current position as a loader for 12 years until I get high enough on the seniority list to bid for a driver position, or immediately get promoted and immediately be eligible for a full time management position. The second option also included an immediate 60% increase in pay. I'm not looking for sympathy, just providing some perspective.
I would go get a CDL and see if you can get into feeder…just another option to think about.

542thruNthru

Immediately get promoted and immediately be eligible for a full time management position. The second option also included an immediate 60% increase in pay. I'm not looking for sympathy, just providing some perspective.
The fact that you believed it was a promotion tells me all I need to know.

You went from the bottom of one part time job career path to the bottom of another part time job career path. That's not a promotion.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The fact that you believed it was a promotion tells me all I need to know.

You went from the bottom of one part time job career path to the bottom of another part time job career path. That's not a promotion.
At least they didn’t say that mgt was looking for the cream of the crop to become supervisors…I’ve actually have heard that exact statement from a sup before. News flash, that person is no longer employed here.

nWo

We have pt sups that have been waiting 20 years for the ft position.

We had another guy that went from seasonal driver to pt sup to ft sup in less than a year.