Part time supervisor problem

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I believe it only states that you are entitled to work. And if you have request days off they go by seniority. Also vacation schedule weeks for time off, must of the sups in my area do go by seniority to cut people though. Start working slow and take your time, this will piss him off. When he asks what been going on, tell him I should probably just go home huh? He will take it one of two ways 1) he will get pissed and want to cut you home. 2) he will go to hub manager and complain then the hub manager will have to address the issue that you have already brought up to him. Either which way something will happen. Or you could take the hours and work, god knows I did when I was pt loading.

Soccer97

Christmas eve 2018 is on a Monday.
If overstaffed, should high seniority be forced to stay, or given first option to leave early?
I thought that if u went in they have to give u 3.5, no matter what it's doing?? Regardless if work is slow or not enuf. That's their dang problem.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Like I said they send around 12 people home daily after around and hour of work but when sending people home do they have to ask people by seniority or can they play favorites

So, you can’t make it through a full shift physically ? Or are you just lazy?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
So, you can’t make it through a full shift physically ? Or are you just lazy?

It's probably more of the fact that part-time employees have been screwed over for so many years he can make more money working almost any other job while he waits for a full-time position to open up. Guys I sorted with said they started at $.50 an hour less than I was making 13 years earlier. That's a joke!

Do you really think any part-time employee who is putting their time in to go full time can live off anything from UPS? Five years seniority right now might get you to $14 an hour.

I think after 7 years in the building I was making a whopping $16.40 an hour. I was self-employed and used UPS for benefits. When the opportunity to go full-time came I made the move.

Heffalump

It's probably more of the fact that part-time employees have been screwed over for so many years he can make more money working almost any other job while he waits for a full-time position to open up. Guys I sorted with said they started at $.50 an hour less than I was making 13 years earlier. That's a joke!

Do you really think any part-time employee who is putting their time in to go full time can live off anything from UPS? Five years seniority right now might get you to $14 an hour.

I think after 7 years in the building I was making a whopping $16.40 an hour. I was self-employed and used UPS for benefits. When the opportunity to go full-time came I made the move.
What constitutes self-employment? Asking for a couple pt's in the hub..

The Range

In too deep
There are multiple threads on this issue. Yes, you should leave based on seniority with a few caveats. If there isn't language in your local rider look into past practice. You should be using seniority for any and all purposes.

Where I work the language is a bit grey on this issue but past practice calls for VLO to be from top down and classification cuts should be made in the same way. The company tries to nullify this using training (lack thereof). That's the front line here.

Do I think a fifteen year part-timer that creates union trouble for the company should have the opportunity to leave before a six month brown-noser? Yes I do.

Grieve It

Local 174
I work in the Jax hub and have been having an issue with one supervisor who refuses to go by seniority when sending people home early. I work in small sort and almost on a daily basis they send 12-15 people home and hour into the shift and I'm about 17th on the seniority list but I know around 5 stay no matter what. My problem is this pt sup is really good friends with around 4 people and always sends these people home 1st. He tells me it don't state anywhere in the contract that he has to go by seniority. I've talked to the hub manager and he says he will fix the problem but nothing ever happens. Where in the contract does it talk about this so can file a grievance?

Whether or not you're a dues paying member, call your business agent. I would also like to encourage you to become a member if you aren't already. We're all in this together.