Part time supervisor problem

gatorkev85

I work in the Jax hub and have been having an issue with one supervisor who refuses to go by seniority when sending people home early. I work in small sort and almost on a daily basis they send 12-15 people home and hour into the shift and I'm about 17th on the seniority list but I know around 5 stay no matter what. My problem is this pt sup is really good friends with around 4 people and always sends these people home 1st. He tells me it don't state anywhere in the contract that he has to go by seniority. I've talked to the hub manager and he says he will fix the problem but nothing ever happens. Where in the contract does it talk about this so can file a grievance?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I work in the Jax hub and have been having an issue with one supervisor who refuses to go by seniority when sending people home early. I work in small sort and almost on a daily basis they send 12-15 people home and hour into the shift and I'm about 17th on the seniority list but I know around 5 stay no matter what. My problem is this pt sup is really good friends with around 4 people and always sends these people home 1st. He tells me it don't state anywhere in the contract that he has to go by seniority. I've talked to the hub manager and he says he will fix the problem but nothing ever happens. Where in the contract does it talk about this so can file a grievance?
Seniority was created to maximize earning potential, not the other way around.

Indecisi0n

Bro as a part timer you aren't making enough money to even remotely satisfy a women and now you want to take unpaid days?! I hope you have smooth hands.

clean hairy

In the Southern Supplement
"Extra work shall be in seniority order from top down, and forced from bottom up"
"When time off is available, it shall be offered in seniority order most to least"
Not verbatim, but the essence of the wording.

gatorkev85

In the Southern Supplement
"Extra work shall be in seniority order from top down, and forced from bottom up"
"When time off is available, it shall be offered in seniority order most to least"
Not verbatim, but the essence of the wording.
So if everyone is at work and 2 hours go by and they have to cut people because of lack of work they must go from top to bottom right?

542thruNthru

You want to start going home early. File a couple grievances for supervisors working. Trust me they will be asking you first everyday if you want to go home. :)